Thread: Temporary text in RaceRender

Potential Tuner

Temporary text in RaceRender

I am new to Racerender (bought the ultimate version) and I already like the program very much. I have a question though.
    I have been trying to add a temporary text to a RaceRender video: text that appears at a certain time and disappears again after a certain time. For instance: appears at time 00:01:00.00 and disappears at time 00:01:15.00. I have tried scrolling text, but as far as I can see, I only can get it to appear at a certain time and then it stays untill the end, or I can make it visible from the start of the video and let it scroll away after a certain time. I also tried with the add text option. but I can only let text appear at a certain time (using the timeline function) and then it will stay untill the end. I am a mountainbiker and my plan is to show the name of each place I drive through for a short time period. I hope this is possible.
    Thanks, Jan.

This is unfortunately not the most intuitive thing to do, but it is possible to accomplish text that appears and then disappears using the timeline events feature within the display object:

1) Add a new Text object and use the properties box to set it up to display the text as you like, then change its "Active" setting to "Hidden" to make it disappear from the preview screen

2) Click the "Add" button on the right side of the top "Time:" line in the properties box, and enter the time in the project that want this to appear (ie 1:00.00)

3) Now change the "Active" setting to "Visible" or "Auto", and it should appear on screen

4) Click the "Add" button on the right side of the top "Time:" line in the properties box, and enter the time in the project that want this to disappear (ie 1:15.00)

5) Finally, change the "Active" setting to "Hidden", and it should disappear from the screen

The end result is that the text should not appear until the first time you had set (1:00.00), and then it be displayed for the duration of that segment which ends at the second time you set (1:15.00), at which point it will disappear again.

You can also later adjust these times by clicking on that "Time:" label after selecting the desired segment, or by using the Timeline view button at the top of the main screen.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your answer. It workes!