Thread: P1518 and No Throttle movement... :(

P1518 and No Throttle movement... :(

So i just finished putting everything back together today. Put fluids in, and was already to try and start the thing for the first time. But nooooo... My ETC system is not working at all.

- P1518 is set (only DTC)
    - Zero movement from the ETC blade.
    - Power is getting to the module, and to the throttle body.
    - Code refuses to clear.
    - Tried resetting the PCM as well as a full rewrite of the software.

Anything else i could try. Or is my ETC Computer fried
    Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

Senior Tuner
    P1518 is ETC communication. Sure you didnt pinch or cut a data Bus wire to the TAC??
    Last edited by Casey; 06-23-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    P1518 is ETC communication. Sure you didnt pinch or cut a data Bus wire to the TAC??
    No im not exactly sure, one the sun rises again. I'm gonna check the wiring via DMM. Hopefully thats the problem. Otherwise i really dont want a new TAC module.
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

Well, all the wiring is good. TAC module seems to be fine. But the PCM is probably toast.

Its no-longer accepting write commands from HPT. And is not talking to the rest of the vehicle anymore (No Cluster information, Stability Disabled). Nor is it commanding the spark coils so not even a chance of it firing.

So either i get my vehicle towed monday, or i try to find a new PCM today. But im just afraid of it being something else and me wasting money on it...
    2003 GMC Denali XL

Senior Tuner
    Well I am curious on how you managed to fry the VCM. Unless you were doing a write entire, then I doubt it's the VCM.

Seeing as you just got done putting everything back together I would check all the wiring to make sure you did not cut or ground something out. Did you put all the wiring harness grounds back on the block??

This has got to be something simple you are overlooking.

Yea it was Ken... i just needed to let the battery charge for a bit.

Now i got some other wiring malady :P Apparently my E-Fans come on when i turn the headlights on. And BOOM P1518. So something is shorting somewhere...
    2003 GMC Denali XL

Well, after a few more days of investigating. I am convinced the PCM is fried. Its doing the following bad things.

- No longer commanding the ignition relay on.
    - No longer commanding the fuel Pump relay on.
    - AC Clutch wire is hot all times (whether ignition is on/off)
    - PCM refusing to relink with the BCM.
    - No longer accepting read/write commands from HPT.
    - Some PID's corrupted when logging.
    - Class 2 databus no-longer working as intended, PCM not talking to BCM, EBCM, etc. Causing all sorts of funny messages on the DIC.

Fortuantly the BCM is working normal. But i know part of the problem is i have a short somewhere in my driver side headlight wiring. But what is wierd about that, is with the fuses and relays pulled, there is still 8v present at the headlight connectors. (although its probably much less once current flows)

But eather way, it no-longer starts (no power to fuel injectors, fuel pump, ignition coils) so its gonna get towed into my local dealer wednesday. Heh and i already ordered a new PCM.
    2003 GMC Denali XL