Thread: Noob Trying to Get Download to Work

Noob Trying to Get Download to Work

I just bought HP Tuners standard used. I have already registered the serial number and I have the application key. I just bought 2 credits. I'm trying to get the 3.6 download to work but it keeps giving me the option to repair or delete when I try to open it. Any ideas?

Tuner in Training
    Have you tried to fully uninstall HP tuners from your PC? And I mean totally remove by "Add or Remove Programs" in your control panel. Then shut down, restart, and reinstall. Give it a try, has worked for me in the past.

Yes actually tried that at least 3 times but it keeps doing the same. When it downloads should I be changing the location of it? Each time I've tried downloading it there isn't any shortcut left on the desktop-Just the hptuners folder under downloads.

If the installer is saying repair or remove, then you already have the latest version installed.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

That's what I assumed it meant. I just tried downloading the whole thing on a different computer. I have a VCM suite and the other folder has scanner and logs + tunes ( all of which are blank). When I try to open the VCM suite it just does the repair or remove. I click repair and it says its complete but when I go to try and open it, it just does the same thing over again. What am I missing here?

Advanced Tuner
    After installation, you should have an HPTuners "folder" in the Start menu, where you can run the Scanner and Editor. It sounds like you are just running the VCMSuite .msi installation packager over and over again - you only run that .msi file once to install the app - then you go to the Windows start menu, under "HP Tuners" and run either the "VCM Editor" or "VCM Scanner" applications from there (you can create shortcuts on your desktop if you want).

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    After installation, you should have an HPTuners "folder" in the Start menu, where you can run the Scanner and Editor. It sounds like you are just running the VCMSuite .msi installation packager over and over again - you only run that .msi file once to install the app - then you go to the Windows start menu, under "HP Tuners" and run either the "VCM Editor" or "VCM Scanner" applications from there (you can create shortcuts on your desktop if you want).
    I will have to look for it under the start menu. But I did see the editor and scanner folders although both were empty.
    Just tried it on a work computer and it seems to be working-at least its showing up in the start menu.
    Last edited by armybyrd; 08-14-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Quick question-I bought two credits and am wrapping up a lsx swap into the car in my avatar. How do I go about unlocking the pcm? The wiring isn't finished yet so is there a way to do it or do I have to wait until I am finished so I can hook hp tuners up to my cars aldl port?