Thread: Been away from HPT for a while, upgraded to 3.6, lost all user defined inputs?

Been away from HPT for a while, upgraded to 3.6, lost all user defined inputs?

Is this a depreciated option that I must now PAY for to get to work? I had my PLX WB02 fed into the EGR circuit on my harness and I used an equation of ([PID.2811]/.5)+10 to generate my actual AFR but I cannot seem to find a way to do this in 3.6. Must I downgrade to have this functionality again unless I want to pay for it or am I missing something obvious here?

I think I may have found it is now called maths. Created the expression but is shows red so I removed the [] around PID and that went. However i still do not have any needle on that gauge and yes I do have PID 2811 being logged in the table. Any suggestions what I may be doing wrong? The PID2811 shows 5.00 volts w/ car off which is good so it is seeing the PID but the gauge and math are failing. Tried to recreate the gauge w/o luck.

Oddly, the second I end the logging it does show what I put in the expression (IE I put 15 in the expression and it shows no arrow while scanning but the second I stop the scan w/ space car I see 15 and a needle)

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by TTVert; 08-19-2017 at 03:57 PM.

We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Thanks I just created "Math's" for now and it worked. Just have to relearn this new version. Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of PIDS in HPT now? THey seem to no longer be PID.xxxx and also they have extensions on them as well. IE 2811.102 or something similar.

BTW, this isn't an external input.

Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by TTVert; 08-19-2017 at 11:01 PM.

It's been awhile since you have been gone. There are no "PIDS" now. Its basically the same, but everything is called something different. Once you get your feet wet, it will actually be much easier than it used to be. I find watching videos is the easiest way to figure out the "new" setup.

Ahh yes, called channels now. Thanks guys I've got my head around it now but since this car never gets changed or breaks i'll be back in 3 years to something completely different

Is there a list w/ description of what each channel monitors exactly? Some aren't exactly specific in the name.

Dave