Thread: T/C and A/H question

Potential Tuner

T/C and A/H question

i have an 01 Z06 vette, i am getting info about HPTuners, and i am wondering if this software is able to change the default setting for the traction control and active handling when you start up the car.

stock default they are both on, you can turn it off or set it to "competative mode" after starting the car. but the next time you turn on the car they will be both on again, regardless of what setting you had left it on. i am hoping that HPT will let me edit the VCM to make it go to cometative mode when the car is turned on, so i don't have to hold that damn button for 6 seconds before i can drive off. does anyone know if this is possible or not? i was unable to find the answer in the FAQ. ???

Tuner

Re: T/C and A/H question

Z06AHOLIC,

Sorry to rain on your prade, I am a 02 Z pilot and haven't figured that one out yet.

I think that you might be able to do it with an OBD II scanner or take it too a dealer.

Out of force of habit my car doesn't move until I've held the little button for the required 5 seconds. It's just as natural as turning the ignition key.

If you get a positive answer somewhere please post it!

Thanks!
    Warp 10 Always

Potential Tuner

OBD2 scanner? i thought that HPT hooked up through the OBD2 plug? i guess i better do some more reading....

as for the dealership i already tried that, and at least here in BC Canada they will not do it. not because they can't, but because of liability reasons... damn i hate lawyers!

Tuner

Just out of curiosity, are you thinking going into Comp. Driving mode disables your traction control and active handling? I only ask because on the '04 I had, it only did the traction control. The active handling was still there...just detuned a little to give you more freedom. Not that it matters, but I was just curious. G/L on finding a way to reverse it. I know SLP makes a kit for the f-bodies that reverses the ASR/TCS on start-up. Maybe they'll do one for the Vettes sometime??
    2013 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Z06AHOLIC
    i have an 01 Z06 vette, i am getting info about HPTuners, and i am wondering if this software is able to change the default setting for the traction control and active handling when you start up the car.

stock default they are both on, you can turn it off or set it to "competative mode" after starting the car. but the next time you turn on the car they will be both on again, regardless of what setting you had left it on. i am hoping that HPT will let me edit the VCM to make it go to cometative mode when the car is turned on, so i don't have to hold that damn button for 6 seconds before i can drive off. does anyone know if this is possible or not? i was unable to find the answer in the FAQ. ???
    It's not possible to change this within the PCM. I suspect this is part of the BCM which is the reason we can't change this with HP Tuners. There is a device available from Laptrax that will do what you want.

http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/0303VET_Proposition/
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Potential Tuner

" Just out of curiosity, are you thinking going into Comp. Driving mode disables your traction control and active handling? "

i was wanting comp mode to be the default startup mode, and yes it takes off the T/C, but leaves on A/H.

405HP_Z06 thanks, this looks like it will do the job perfectly. BCM is the body control modual? sorry if this is a dumb question, but i am kinda new to the tuning of this car. umm... how many computers are in the car? or at least how many that would be useful to play with?

Quote Originally Posted by Z06AHOLIC
    " Just out of curiosity, are you thinking going into Comp. Driving mode disables your traction control and active handling? "

i was wanting comp mode to be the default startup mode, and yes it takes off the T/C, but leaves on A/H.

405HP_Z06 thanks, this looks like it will do the job perfectly. BCM is the body control modual? sorry if this is a dumb question, but i am kinda new to the tuning of this car. umm... how many computers are in the car? or at least how many that would be useful to play with?
    BCM = Body Control Module

I think the better question is "Which computers CAN we change?" and the answer currently is the PCM. I'm not sure I would want to mess with values associated with the TC/AH, ABS systems.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist