Thread: Injector Scaling Idea Instead of Stoich*2 Approach

Injector Scaling Idea Instead of Stoich*2 Approach

I noticed the table Flow Rate Multiplier vs. Volts for the injectors is set at 1.00 across the board in stock form.

Could you not do the classic divide the flow rate by 2 or whatever you want in order to keep the entire map under the 63.5 lb limit, and then MULTIPLY the Flow Rate Multiplier vs. Volts table by the same amount?

I'm going to try this and verify. If the end result was the same, I guess the only gain would be you don't have to touch the IVT Terms, and you would be able to see your commanded AFR in the scanner. Anything else that anyone can think of?

Senior Tuner
    the volts multiplier is still limited to the 63.5lb so it wont work thats why the stoich method is used, nothing wrong with touching the IVT terms they are there so when u do the stoich change that it can be correct in IVT and u only have to do a maths to get the right commanded afr or just use lambda and your done

Okay, was just a thought Ya I did the Stoich*2 and IVT/2 method and its working fine. I was just curious

Update. I tried this after I finished a tune I dialed in completely using the stoich and IVT trick. I put stoich and IVT back to stock, and then scaled the Flow Rate Multiplier vs. Volts by the equivalent amount....and IT WORKED. Everything is the same. I find this to be a much better solution because your fuel mileage gauge will work as intended and not require adjustment to the fuel density parameter.

Senior Tuner
    Thought you would still hi 63.5 limit?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

I tried it and it worked, I don't know what else to say. Maybe some vehicles it works and some doesn't? Or maybe people assume and are wrong? Either way it worked on this vehicle (2008 Pontiac G8 with e38 PCM). Maybe it works if the scaling is less than a certain amount. I only scaled this one by ~1.2 (20%)

Tuning Addict
    You still have to change the instrument cluster and ivt terms though right? It does look like it would work this way - Better yet it would allow you to do double stoic/half flow rate and then some of this where full scaling on really large injectors are still required...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    I think it was determined years ago that that table was ignored in certain OS. I think it was the ones used on the E40s when that injector limit first appeared.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You still have to change the instrument cluster and ivt terms though right? It does look like it would work this way - Better yet it would allow you to do double stoic/half flow rate and then some of this where full scaling on really large injectors are still required...
    in some OS's you can use the voltage multiplier and get away with it. actually did this the other night on that TT camaro i was telling you about. did just fine. Just had to math out the differences on the 63.5 max to the injectors in it.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.