Thread: Clearing ALL memory or previous tune parameters for engine AND transmission

Clearing ALL memory or previous tune parameters for engine AND transmission

I feel like previous tune changes are lingering in new flashes. I have heard this to be true with these platforms. I am having a transmission issue now which I posted about in the transmission section (If anyone can help please!). I did the KAM reset but didnt fix it. Is there anything else that can be done to ensure its 100% back to stock calibration without any learned parameters, etc???? Thank you guys!

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried doing a Write Entire? I have had corrupted writes and had to go back and do a Write Entire

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Have you tried doing a Write Entire? I have had corrupted writes and had to go back and do a Write Entire
    Yes I have. No luck. I had an HPTuners tune in there and when I had issues, all I had was my SCT device and flashed a tune in using that. It saved my calibration I wrote to it with hptuners as the "stock" file. All was well no issues. I flashed back the "stock" tune (the one that I saved previously that was actually a modified version via hptuners) to unmarry the SCT device and then proceded with HPTuners again. The next HPTuners tune didnt have issues for much longer time. I went ahead and flashed my SCT tune again to get it functional. A little while later it started these symptoms. Its having issues locking and unlocking, it slips and catches and flashes and then doesnt. etc.

Tuner in Training
    Disconnect the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSezz View Post
    Disconnect the battery.
    Tried that, removed it for 4 hours, didnt work.

Also did the method of removing the ground clamp/lead from the battery terminal and connecting it (while unhooked from the battery) to the positive terminal/clamp, Also didnt work.

Attached is a log file (on stock tune which still does it there as well) where I added some TCC slip parameters and drove around for a while. Let me know what you think if you see anything, thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

For the record for anyone else wondering....the KAM reset only clears some engine data like STFT's and LTFT's. The Transmission Adaptive Tables are stored in Non-volatile RAM and they cannot be cleared by removing the battery or shorting the capacitors. I spoke with one of our electrical engineers and the methos to clear it is to apply a high voltage in the neighborhood of 20-30 VDC. Obviously this is sketchy and would never do this. Therefore the only option I can find at this point is a dealer level IDS device to get in there and clear the adaptive trans tables

Right conclusion. I would add that the re-learning process if quite sensitive. If you are not patient enough during the first hour or so of driving after clearing the trans memory with IDS you end up with strange behavior long term. I have gone so far as to repeat the 1-2 shift at no throttle about 5x then 1-2 at very light throttle 5x then 1-2 at light throttle about 5x and on and on until about half, three quarters, and full throttle shifts....then on to the 2-3 and on and on. If I remember the Ford instructions call for 3x with each but all I can say is if you get a little anxious and start heavier throttle shifts before it has seen enough low throttle shift....even months later it still does not learn appropriate behavior.