Thread: Aem wideband wiring / questions with hptuners std

Tuner in Training

Aem wideband wiring / questions with hptuners std

Can someone direct me too a detailed write up on how to wire into the ac high pressure switch with an aem eugo wideband ? Also will my ac still work ? Not used too having too tap wires in for a wideband ,as I normally run stand alone efi, but my budget didn't allow it this time around

Check the posts under "Scanner" in the forums or just do a search on the forums..

Its not that hard to wire up, and yes you will still have full functionality of your A/C you basically wire up a switch to divert between the two wires it may be easier if the car has EGR?, wire into that instead? personal choice I think if you have that option of course?

Tuner in Training
    2004 Pontiac gto , it has no egr . I just bought a blank serial port and USB to serial cable . I feel this will be the simplest way . Now only a couple dozen more hurdles to take on .

It doesn't need to havee EGR to use the circuit, the pins are just removed from the computer from the factory. You can add the 2 pins needed to use the EGR circuit.

My 2006 was a no EGR truck as well, they stopped using it after 2001 in those trucks, I added the pins and it worked perfect.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It doesn't need to havee EGR to use the circuit, the pins are just removed from the computer from the factory. You can add the 2 pins needed to use the EGR circuit.

My 2006 was a no EGR truck as well, they stopped using it after 2001 in those trucks, I added the pins and it worked perfect.
    I totally forgot about this and its how Ive wired mine cheers for the reminder Also remember to enable EGR in your tune file

Potential Tuner
    i have my aem ugo wire to serial works perfect dont have to worry about no voltage offset

Advanced Tuner
    I'm guessing this won't work with an E38 controller? 2013 truck. I don't see anything in the cal for EGR.