Thread: Tuning for Torque

Tuner

Tuning for Torque

Is there any special areas that can be adjusted with the goal of increasing
    torque ? Looking for more grunt when towing with the 5.3L.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Tuner

Re: Tuning for Torque

You can try to bump up the timing a little if you can stay away from detonation.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    Is there any special areas that can be adjusted with the goal of increasing
    torque ? Looking for more grunt when towing with the 5.3L.
    You can change the dwell time. Do'nt recall the procedure. A guy that goes by waitforme on the corvette forum i think increased a fellow members car by 8 to 10 ftlbs.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by rays_vet
    You can change the dwell time. Do'nt recall the procedure. A guy that goes by waitforme on the corvette forum i think increased a fellow members car by 8 to 10 ftlbs.
    Do you think you could find some more information on dwell time?
    \'00 Silverado 5.3L - bolt ons | tuning | suspension

Tuner in Training

Go to either ls1tech or corvetteforum and do a search using rays c5 or rays vet(me) or search for wait4me he is reputable tuner

Tuner in Training

Ray,

I searched but, couldn't find anything at all. It said he wasn't a user @ the vette forum. (wait4me)

I did find him @ tech and messaged him. It says he has confirmed my message but, I got no response back.

Do you think you would be able to further point out what I should be looking for?

Thank you.
    \'00 Silverado 5.3L - bolt ons | tuning | suspension

Tuner in Training

Sorry wrong site. It was ls1tuning, I started a post there on torque inwhich he replied giving the values to change. IIRC he increased a guy named jim m. torque by 8 to 10.!!! SEarch either rays vet or rays c5 for post started. let me know how it goes>>>> When I made that post I was using ls1edit which does'nt have that feature. But hope to persue it as soon as I get these ve tables nailed down.

Advanced Tuner

That was most likely me. I think I've got the dyno graphs on my PC somewhere. All he changed was the timing tables. Made one pull, uploaded the tune, then made a second pull. Didn't get what he was claiming on other folks cars, though. He didn't really follow up with me on 'getting the rest'.

I was using LS1-Edit at the time. I may still have the before/after tunes I loaded as well.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list