Thread: 10R question concerning line pressure

Tuner in Training

10R question concerning line pressure

ive been browsing and searching for a few days now and am still unclear as to how i can raise clutch holding pressure. Not during a shift but in gear holding capacity. its a 2020 10R expedition im working with and rather than trail and error I figured Id just ask. Thank you in advance
    Knows just enough to be dangerous......

But what is the reason behind this?

Advanced Tuner
    I charge 250. For tunes and will teach u

Tuner in Training
    As Ive added ( or upped) the torque output of the engine and decreased some of the tq management initiated by the transmission I would think i need to increase the holding capacity of the clutches while in gear as to not drive through them. Correct me if im wrong in that theory

Quote Originally Posted by angjunior View Post
    As Ive added ( or upped) the torque output of the engine and decreased some of the tq management initiated by the transmission I would think i need to increase the holding capacity of the clutches while in gear as to not drive through them. Correct me if im wrong in that theory
    Not quite to be honest, 10r logic is quite complicated. Making 10r holding anything above 800Nm requires "massive trans tune changes" and upgraded clutches.

Of course there are tables for line pressure. Then there are Stroke adders. But there is more.

Tuner in Training
    I follow you as far as the 800 nm "limit", not trying to increase the theoretical maximum tq holding capacity, im trying to increase the part throttle "capacity" or holding while in gear, not during a shift. Or am I chasing a ghost due to the the fact if im requesting more tq at a given point the pcm " knows that" and adds pressure based on the torque strategy already being used ? again not sure , looking for some guidance