Thread: Bought a new 411 PCM for my 02 Trans Am out of an 01 Blazer - How to make it work?

Bought a new 411 PCM for my 02 Trans Am out of an 01 Blazer - How to make it work?

I bought a new PCM for my 02 Trans Am and it came from an 01 Blazer. I read the file and licensed it. But it won't let me do a write full of my last tune for my T/A. Should I have licensed it? What do I need to do in order to get my tune from my old PCM to the new PCM? I want to see if one of the drivers for the TPS circuit is going bad, so I'm troubleshooting this way. But I need to be able to actually load the tune to see.

I thought if I rewrote all, I could apply a new OS? Do I need to upgrade the OS first?

When I try to do the VIN update, it also tells me it's incompatible...

Help.

Btw, I tried to swap over to the stock OS... 12212156 from my original 411 tune file so then I could apply the COS.

Still nothing.

It tells me it's unlicensed. I've applied credits to both VINs/OSes, so why can't I overwrite this?

Senior Tuner
    If you did everything you stated, then you should be able to write the file to the Blazer PCM. Have you tried re syncing your cable?

No, I haven't. It can read the PCM, however. And I just checked. Both are licensed when I do the gather VCM suite information. But it won't write all. And I know I need to upgrade to at least the 12212156 OS.

I haven't looked to see if the pinouts are the same between an 01 V6 Blazer and 02 F-Body... but I thought they were?

Otherwise, it looks like all the tables are identical between the OSes... so I could probably take an hour and copy everything over. But that seems stupid. And I still have an upgrade path to a COS... ugh.
    Last edited by JakeFusion; 09-21-2017 at 01:21 PM.

It sounds like the Blazer file still isn't licensed - the new 3.xxx software is a little different - it won't ask to license right after a read anymore - only once you attempt to save the newly read file.

Open the Blazer file and try to save as (new name) and see if it asks you to license said file - go ahead and license and then write entire your F-body file (hopefully)

Senior Tuner
    The calibration determines the pin outs if the service #s are the same.

No, it's definitely licensed it. And it used 2 credits. Like I said, I can go into my interface and read off my licensed vehicles, the Blazer is on there now.

But now, it won't even read it. I keep getting x036 Exceed Number of Attempts. I don't know what the hell happened. It never could write anything. The only thing I can think of is I hit write all to the stock tune I pulled off the Blazer when I as trying to load my car's stock tune in there and had them both opened. So I aborted it before it initialized, once I saw the full file name after I hit the button. So I don't know if it powered it up for a moment and then that killed it. But I've done that before as it was initializing and never had an issue.

Either way, do I have to apply a stock OS to it? Why couldn't I just do a write-all to my custom 1-bar OS from the get-go? That's the first thing I did after I applied credits to it. And it wouldn't let me. And now it's bricked?

The response back from HPT was to use a Tech 2 to swap the OS and VIN. But I thought HPT could do that? Am I mistaken? I got this from Frost because I just needed a 411 PCM that I figured would be in decent shape (vs eBay or Junkyward specials). And I didn't ask him to do it, because I thought I could apply credits to unlock the PCM and then write whatever I wanted to it that would work... so basically any 01+ 411 OS.