Thread: BCM Codes

BCM Codes

I have alot of DTC's and need some advice.I knew i had problems as my turn signals somtimes fail and outside temp incorrect but had no idea i had this many codes.
    Ignition switch?BCM?bad connection somwhere?Any ideas?
    Here are a few of the codes some may not be related to my problem(Brakes)
    B0041
    B0162
    B0931
    B1000
    B1004
    B1025
    B1327
    B1440
    B2647
    B2655
    B2964
    C1238
    C1245
    C1247
    U1000
    U1016
    U1064
    U1096
    U1096

U1301
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Tuner
    Well, Kabbott, sounds like an absolute nightmare. The B0041 is your drivers side seat airbag - COMMON. The C1238, C1245 & C1247 is gonna be the EBCM - COMMON also. The rest of the codes are gonna be BCM and/or ignition switch related. Unfortunately, these are all common to the make/model you have. Basically, you'll need a new BCM, ignition switch, EBCM ($$$$$), and side airbag. Or you could trade-it. Those repairs are gonna cost in the $1800-2000 range. OUCH.
    Sorry for the bad news.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I'd try a new BCM first, if the BCM is bad, it can throw other codes. Instead of going balls-out on everything, do one at a time until you find the problem.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    I'd try a new BCM first, if the BCM is bad, it can throw other codes. Instead of going balls-out on everything, do one at a time until you find the problem.
    Yes Shifted, I agree. But too many Impalas have shown me failure of all these modules over time. In fact, if it were mine, I would do the ignition lock cylinder/switch/passlock assembly 1st. Alot of the codes are circuit voltage high. But you will still need the airbag and EBCM, contact salvage or Ed Morad at Morad Parts Company.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Here is what i come up with for the brakes.
    C1238 Brake thermal model exceeded (brakes hot)
    C1245 Low tire pressure detected
    C1247 Low brake fluid detected
    All legit dtc's so im not worried about these.
    Can i safely ignore the U dtc's?
    Now for the B codes some i can't even find info on, but i have some gremlins.The turn signals i think may be just the hazard switch, took it out and cleaned it with contact cleaner and they have not failed since.
    For codes like c1245 low tire pressure will they clear after x number of drive cycles?I cleared the tire pressure monitor via radio but code remains.
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbott
    Here is what i come up with for the brakes.
    C1238 Brake thermal model exceeded (brakes hot)
    C1245 Low tire pressure detected
    C1247 Low brake fluid detected
    All legit dtc's so im not worried about these.
    Can i safely ignore the U dtc's?
    Now for the B codes some i can't even find info on, but i have some gremlins.The turn signals i think may be just the hazard switch, took it out and cleaned it with contact cleaner and they have not failed since.
    For codes like c1245 low tire pressure will they clear after x number of drive cycles?I cleared the tire pressure monitor via radio but code remains.
    The U codes are more than likely caused from the ignition switch, high voltage codes and class 2 communication failures. Replace the switch or it may leave you stranded and/or the loss to link to any modules (PCM). Yes, the hazard switch is likely your turn signal issue, the low tire monitor not resetting is definately from the EBCM along with the other C codes. If you can deal with the low tire lite on, don't worry about it. The EBCM monitors wheels speed sensors which in turn give the details about tire pressure. If you know the tire pressure is good, ignore the lite. Or find a salvage unit. The B codes are obviously body related, more than likely BCM, but like I said, try the ignition switch 1st.

Thanks for help 00gtp and shifted.
    Turn signal issue WAS hazard switch no biggie.
    Air bag light now on? oh well i made it 30 years without em,not spending the money for that.
    As for the other stuff, tire monitor had gone off but i reset it via radio and i guess it holds the code in bcm for a while i dont know?same with low brake fluid but that was quite some time ago.
    I had been waiting for b,c,u, codes in HPT because i knew i had problems but maybe i would have been better off not knowing.LOL
    Thank again
    KA
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29