Thread: Any Dodge Tuners in Georgia

Tuner in Training

Any Dodge Tuners in Georgia

Anyone on here from Georgia? Within a couple hours of Macon?

Advanced Tuner
    We're in Kennesaw. Injected Engineering 678-449-6871

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    We're in Kennesaw. Injected Engineering 678-449-6871
    I have called you guys. I really wanted to take my car to you but I cant afford the $1000 price tag I was quoted. I can go to a live seminar at the tuning school and learn to do it myself for that price. Which I'm doing in january
    But if you ever have a day where tunes are being discounted let me know. I live in Macon and I can't find anywhere around to dyno tune a dodge.

Thanks for the reply Curt

Tuner in Training
    I have the car running Pretty good now. But if you want to look at a file and give a couple pointers I will not stop you.

Tuner in Training
    Am i reading this right? you are looking for a qualified professional to tune your car. You found the place and the price but think it is too much. You are also stating that you can take a weekend cram course at the tuning school and that will make you a tuner. You are then offering if the same experienced professional wants to give you his expertise that would be great because he would rather work for free?

Come on man, this forum has great qualified guys that are willing to exchange information and knowledge. At one time in my life i believed that tuning was a hobby. Professional tuning is just that, it is a Profession. When people make the investment in them selves (time), facilities, dynos etc. they better charge for it. And if they can do it right they ought to be paid well. Just my 2 cents fwiw.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by boostlife View Post
    Am i reading this right? you are looking for a qualified professional to tune your car. You found the place and the price but think it is too much. You are also stating that you can take a weekend cram course at the tuning school and that will make you a tuner. You are then offering if the same experienced professional wants to give you his expertise that would be great because he would rather work for free?

Come on man, this forum has great qualified guys that are willing to exchange information and knowledge. At one time in my life i believed that tuning was a hobby. Professional tuning is just that, it is a Profession. When people make the investment in them selves (time), facilities, dynos etc. they better charge for it. And if they can do it right they ought to be paid well. Just my 2 cents fwiw.

It is what it is. Certainly not the first nor the last time I will hear this kind of response.

No offense to the tuning school as I have actually used some of their stuff, but they teach a shit ton of hacked ways to tune vehicles. It may work but it's certainly not the right way to do things.

Best of luck OP.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by boostlife View Post

Not in anyway did I say that going to a cram course would make you a professional tuner. I know that's not possible it takes time and experience. But it will teach me things I don't know and its a good starting point. I do enjoy this. I was simply trying to say but I guess with the wrong words is I really enjoy learning to tune and I think that I am on the right track and I would like to tune my car myself. Could he possibly look at what I have done and say yes, no, or hell no. I am looking for more of a tutor to help me learn because this will be my profession in the future and I am willing to spend the time and the money to learn the right way. Everyone started somewhere and had to have someone point them in the right direction. Now Mr. Curt, I meant no offence with that response and I would be willing to pay someone experienced for a couple hours a week of their time and knowledge. I just want to learn. I would much rather pay someone $1000 to help me learn to do it right than for someone to do it for me and gain no knowledge. No one asked anyone to work for free. I did not say hey man, look at my file and make it right. I just asked him to give his opinion on it. Big difference.
    Last edited by RickyP; 10-12-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Curt is probably one of the best non-OEM Dodge guys in the industry. I've got a strong feeling he has tools you won't access via normal channels. Unfortunately, Dodge is likely the most difficult of the big 3 to tune. I wouldn't plan on a long term career in the tuning industry. We'll be back in the basement where we started in a decade.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyP View Post
    I have called you guys. I really wanted to take my car to you but I cant afford the $1000 price tag I was quoted. I can go to a live seminar at the tuning school and learn to do it myself for that price. Which I'm doing in january
    But if you ever have a day where tunes are being discounted let me know. I live in Macon and I can't find anywhere around to dyno tune a dodge.

Thanks for the reply Curt
    I have the car running Pretty good now. But if you want to look at a file and give a couple pointers I will not stop you.
    Are you fucking kidding me right now?

Tuner in Training
    Get off my ass people. You guys act as if I asked the man to put my car on his dyno and tune it for free. Just asked for an opinion on a file. that would take 5 minutes to look at. You guys say that people on here are willing to help (Haven't found that yet just criticism) . I just simply stated that for that kind of money I would rather have someone teach the reasons why what is being done is being done. That should be understandable. Anyone with half a brain would want to do the same thing if they plan to continue to get better. Everyone started at the beginner level at one point. Me personally I don't plan to be in my basement in 10 years but I'll have my own shop. I know this because I am pretty smart and I learn pretty fast. Practice makes you better. Mr. Curt more than likely didn't start out at the top either I'm sure if took him time, practice, and the help of people that already knew to get him where he is at today in his skill level. I'm not bashing anyone just doing the same thing as everyone else on here asking for a little advice. That is what I thought these forums are for in the first place. " To help each other out".
    Last edited by RickyP; 10-13-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuned View Post
    Curt is probably one of the best non-OEM Dodge guys in the industry. I've got a strong feeling he has tools you won't access via normal channels. Unfortunately, Dodge is likely the most difficult of the big 3 to tune. I wouldn't plan on a long term career in the tuning industry. We'll be back in the basement where we started in a decade.
    Honestly I think the Ford stuff is the most difficult still. I haven't done much gm stuff in a while but I've always found the ford stuff to be the most difficult. The dodge stuff is just hard because the support is lacking and the the industry has pretty much always consisted of a tight group that held all the info. Things are changing. To think that diablo was the industry standard in the dodge stuff for so long is laughable.

Heck just a couple years ago we were having to use hypertech loaders just to be able to load a dodge file if we didn't want to use DS. It was cumbersome and a PITA but was still better than using DS.

Advanced Tuner
    Get off my ass people. You guys act as if I asked the man to put my car on his dyno and tune it for free. Just asked for an opinion on a file. that would take 5 minutes to look at. You guys say that people on here are willing to help (Haven't found that yet just criticism) . I just simply stated that for that kind of money I would rather have someone teach the reasons why what is being done is being done. That should be understandable. Anyone with half a brain would want to do the same thing if they plan to continue to get better. Everyone started at the beginner level at one point. Me personally I don't plan to be in my basement in 10 years but I'll have my own shop. I know this because I am pretty smart and I learn pretty fast. Practice makes you better. Mr. Curt more than likely didn't start out at the top either I'm sure if took him time, practice, and the help of people that already knew to get him where he is at today in his skill level. I'm not bashing anyone just doing the same thing as everyone else on here asking for a little advice. That is what I thought these forums are for in the first place. " To help each other out".
    It was the way you said it. Tact is everything. You come into a community of a bunch of tuners and essentially disrespected the craft that we have acquired that we use to put food on the table. Should you have expected a different response? It's all good though man, I wouldn't sweat it.

If you really want help you need to post the year, make, model, mods original file and your current file with logs. Some specific questions etc. would help as well.

And yes I have had a ton of help along the way. Aric first taught me to tune and since then there have been countless people on this board who have helped and contacts that I have made that have provided me with a ton of good info. None of us can do it alone.
    Last edited by curt@injected; 10-13-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    It was the way you said it. Tact is everything. You come into a community of a bunch of tuners and essentially disrespected the craft that we have acquired that we use to put food on the table. Should you have expected a different response? It's all good though man, I wouldn't sweat it.

If you really want help you need to post the year, make, model, mods original file and your current file with logs. Some specific questions etc. would help as well.

And yes I have had a ton of help along the way. Aric first taught me to tune and since then there have been countless people on this board who have helped and contacts that I have made that have provided me with a ton of good info. None of us can do it alone.

I do agree that the initial wording was worth the responses that were received, But I NEVER meant any disrespect to anyone. I know everyone including yourself has put a lot time in learning the secrets of this trade. I do believe it or not Respect that. Do you know of anyone that is willing to take on I guess it wouldn't be an apprentice but I will call it that. I work hard, listen well and I'm a fast learner. Also I have a question because I can't figure it out ( I'm learning ) and maybe I have over looked the answer on here. "But Why would the car drop from around 850 rpm at idle to around 300-400 rpm for a brief second when switching from park or neutral into drive or reverse and acts as if wants to shut off for a second then and it will go back normal. I'm going to try one more thing real quick to see if it works.

Vehicle is a 2010 Challenger R/T. Stock bottom end. Eagle heads have been ported to 6.1 Size ports. Camshaft , Bigger valves, PSI beehive springs. I believe its the stock TB and stock intake manifold. My IAT is a little high. I had a malfunction of my cold air intake so filter sits right against TB. This will be fixed today.
    Last edited by RickyP; 10-15-2017 at 08:16 AM.