Thread: Why is it not using all the timing in the tune?

Why is it not using all the timing in the tune?

ok, so i did a log, and below 2000 rpm it's not using all the timing that i have programmed in the timing table. for example, at 1600 rpm ( i have a 5.3 truck, with no stall, 3.42's and 265/50/20s yes..... i want tons of low rpm power) i have on the table 20 degrees of timing, yet when i log.... it's using 13 degress. At 1800 rpm the table says 24 and i'm using 18. 1900 rpm it's using 20 when the table shows 26 i believe. My numbers may not be right on, it's 3 am, and i'm pulling this off the top of my head, but you get what i'm talking about i hope. I'm seeing zero knock retard. Any input and ideas are appreciated.

Re: Why is it not using all the timing in the tune

What timing table are you looking at ? If your looking at your high octane table, maybe youve Slid down to your low octane table via learnt knock retard(from knock prior to you logging).

It could be also be things like torque management kicking in(Trans or Engine), COTS , IAT Reduction or anything(tm).

Start Logging all the Timing/Retard related PIDS you can

When your looking at the histogram, do you have Min,Max, Average or Last value selected.

Ross

my low and high octane tables are the exact same for that reason, i wanted to make sure it wasn't dropping into the low octane table. I'm pretty sure all torque management is removed, I've looked at the min, max and last values they all are the same in this area. I definalty know all the transmission torque management is removed. How can i be sure all the engine torque management is removed, is there maybe something i'm missing. Because during driving, that's exactly what it feels like, a slug down low, with two stroke power band effect at above 2500 rpms. my first idea is torque management. second, does power enrich coming on at 1900 have anything to do with this? i put it down to 1600 after the log because of the factory stall. originally it came in at 5500 or something like that. useless. with the pe at 1600 now, it feels just a hair better, but not anything substantial, i havn't logged, but i know the timing still isn't there, it's a pig down low.

Senior Tuner

Raise your burst knock threshold delta CylAir to 0.020
    and see what that does for you.