Thread: Are there any guides to tune WG for new turbo?

Tuner in Training

Are there any guides to tune WG for new turbo?

Are there any guides to tune WG for a new turbo?
    I have LNF + ZZP54

Tuner
    assuming you're the same TroyK from cobaltss.net take Area47's advice and set the wgdc table to 25% and adjust from there.

Tuner in Training
    What parameters do I use in my graph? What table am I trying to correct(Torque Management\Turbocharger\Duty Cycle Corr)?
    No one replied back on that forum in 5 days, so I assume I was posting in the wrong place.

Tuner
    waste gate duty cycle (wgdc) is the table you want to adjust. Adjust the areas where boost is built, I'm fairly certain Cobaltssoverbooster does a good video on boost control for the LNF I would recommend watching that a few times.

Senior Tuner
    There a couple others to adjust to get it to come in without a spike, but the main one to get the wgdc to tank is the duty cycle itself. rpm factor, MAL/DAL come in later to fine tune it.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    A couple tips since I have the same turbo..

1. It does not spool as fast as the K04 so don't try to make it spool that fast. Trying to build boost under 3300rpm or so is difficult in my experience.
    2. Set your DAL in the high torque/RPM area for 255 and use the WGDC to achieve the boost pressure you desire. I've hit 28-29 PSI with the DAL at 255 and WGDC at 95%.
    3. As Area47 suggested, start the WGDC low and do a pull. Pay attention to how boost increases as you make small positive adjustments to the WGDC. 24-26 PSI should be achievable in the 80-85% range.
    4. I've found bumping up the DAL in the 70-90% torque areas helps to quicken the spool. (This is probably obvious lol)

As always, YMMV. Make small changes and pay attention to how the output changes. Also, make sure you are getting the MAF dialed in while you are making changes to avoid KR (you should be monitoring this anyway).

This is a great turbo for the price. I'm comparing it to the 20g I used to have, and it outperforms the 20g in almost every aspect. Chirping/spinning the tires in 3rd gear at 60mph is pretty damn satisfying.
    Last edited by Jaizero; 01-05-2018 at 07:48 AM.