Thread: 2014 Ram 1500 Trans Tune

Tuner in Training

2014 Ram 1500 Trans Tune

Hi all,
    So I've think I've dialled in my engine tune (MMX Mild cam) and am starting to work on my trans tune. I was amazed at how much work the "professional email tune" needed. For the trans tune, I notice there are some differences in the stock tunes from 2014 through to 2019 (at least from the ones online I could find). Is it safe to assume these are subtle improvements made to drivability over time? I'm thinking of copying across the shift tables, pressures, etc (nothing exotic) for the one inthe respository (2016) and then starting from there. Any thoughts on this approach, or anyone have a really good tune for the 8speed they willing to share?

Thx

Advanced Tuner
    You have to come up with a goal for your trans tune. What is it doing now that you don't like and what would you like it to do differently? Shift schedules are easy to adjust. Shift timing, torque management and clutch shift pressures - you can hurt stuff if you don't know what you're doing. You may want to compare something like a 6.4 Scat or SRT trans tune as well as your Ram tune for an idea of what the factory has done when they want things to be more "snappy".
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.