Thread: 6r80 circle D converter problems

Advanced Tuner

6r80 circle D converter problems

The car is a 2015 v6 with a procharger it has around 440whp, the problem is when i take it to the track and try to heat up the tires the car feels as if brought it up to 4000 rpms and dumped the clutch, after that it will not go into reverse, and while on reverse like that the car cant be pushed back, it has to be put on D and run a couple of gears before it Reverse works again.

On the 6l80 i only needed to adjust the tcc pressure settings or it would slip, on this one im lost.

so can you guys look over my tune and see if there is something wrong with what i have done?

demandcorr2.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, so the transmission was disassembled even tough it only was doing the bad things on the track, to find that "all the clutches where burnt and a couple of them even got warped", the client didnt send pictures or know enough to tell me which was burnt and which ones where warped, what could be causing this tune up to burn the clutches like that?

6R-- for V6 is not the same 6R80 for GT - it's basically a weaker trans. They say you need to upgrade your clutches in 6R80 is you go over 600 RWHP. Not sure where the limit for V6 version lies.

Your TTC maps are...weird at least to say. It seems that you are trying to lock the converter form "zero" so the clutches in tranny have to take all the initial SLIP which is not good.
    This can burn the clutches very very fast - it never unlocks neither it ever slips in 1st - can you elaborate those changes?
    Last edited by veeefour; 12-29-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    6R-- for V6 is not the same 6R80 for GT - it's basically a weaker trans. They say you need to upgrade your clutches kin 6R80 is you go over 600 RWHP. Not sure where the limit for V6 version lies.

Your TTC maps are...weird at least to say. It seems that you are trying to lock the converter form "zero" so the clutches in tranny have to take all the initial SLIP which is not good.
    This can burn the clutches very very fast - it never unlocks neither it ever slips in 1st - can you elaborate those changes?
    Thats the stock v6 tune, from what i understand you cant lock in 1st gear, so im guessing what ford intended was to lock it as soon as possible for fuel economy.

what i understand from those maps is that it never fully locks, it only gets to slip since "lock" is set to 10,000 rpm in all gears.

Whether this is stock or not it's not healthy with that power level - IMHO this is why your tranny was toasted.

Advanced Tuner
    Worked on the car for a while today, the transmission got an upgraded exedy clutch pack and a 3.55 rear end and it seems like things have changed a bit, now it will bounce off the rev limiter before changing gears, tried adding to the boost pressure time, but it didn't work, played with the clutch fill times but that didn't change much either, so i ended up copying the fill times out of a tune uploaded by murfie, also tried commanding the gear change 50 rpm sooner.

On the other hand changed the tcc map, copied the gt map and raised the lock to lock shift and after upshift tables to lessen the burden on the transmission clutches and let the converter take some of it, did the same thing to the TCC Ramp tables.

any advice on the shift points part?
    Transmission fluid temh goes high pretty quick, could this be slipping clutches or could this just be the converter causing it?

trannytest1.hpt
    transtest3.hpl
    Last edited by mJolnir; 01-02-2018 at 11:00 PM.

I had this problem with LUND tune and they couldn't solve it.

You have to set your new gear ratio in BCM - use your VCM scanner to do that - BCM plays a role in correct shifting in S550.

Set your N/V Base correctly in tune.

Your SPORT shift map commands 1-2 shift over 7548 RPM/ 1810 OSS and your fuel cut is set to 7500 RPM.

Raise your rpm limits for gears in general tab.

Raise your Max accel.

Raise your WOT shift map vs gear.

Raise your max line pressure even more - up-shift oncoming tables are ready for more.

Do no turn your torque reduction OFF - trans work waay slower with this switched off. Work your torque reduction tables instead.

If this doesn't help ask support to add Lower Clip Limit in your tune - I can't see it in your tune:
    lower clip.jpg
    Last edited by veeefour; 01-03-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    I had this problem with LUND tune and they couldn't solve it.

You have to set your new gear ratio in BCM - use your VCM scanner to do that - BCM plays a role in correct shifting in S550.

Set your N/V Base correctly in tune.

Your SPORT shift map commands 1-2 shift over 7548 RPM/ 1810 OSS and your fuel cut is set to 7500 RPM.

Raise your rpm limits for gears in general tab.

Raise your Max accel.

Raise your WOT shift map vs gear.

Raise your max line pressure even more - up-shift oncoming tables are ready for more.

Do no turn your torque reduction OFF - trans work waay slower with this switched off. Work your torque reduction tables instead.

If this doesn't help ask support to add Lower Clip Limit in your tune - I can't see it in your tune:
    lower clip.jpg
    how do you calculate that?

checked a couple other tunes for 3.55 equiped cars and they all say 40.0000 how do you correctly set it being that 6r80 doesnt have a 1:1 gear?