Thread: clutch in she dies

Tuner in Training

clutch in she dies

I just wanted to post up this log to see if any of you gentleman with more expierence could help me out. So Ive been fighting with this thing going on 3 months and before give up and take it to someone I figured i would just see if you all noticed something i was missing. Anytime I push the clutch in when i am coasting to a stop the car starts searching for idle and either sits and does that or goes dead. Also as soon as it dies i start it back up and it idles fine. The car is an 01 z28 ss with 230/234 612/598 112+2 cam, worked 243 heads, fast 102, nw102, lt headers. Any help will be greatly appreciated and i will answer all questions to the best of my ability. I am 6 months into tuning so go easy on me. gdale to homewood 4.5.18.hpl

Are those fuel trims numbers accurate?

If they are you have some serious issues with the airflow model still. I see a wideband in the log but it is not working so I can't see what the actual fueling is like. If the trims are really that far off you have a lot of work that needs to be done with the VE and MAF curve using your wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I unfortunately broke my wide band 3 days ago. Im waiting on my new one to get here. I forgot to post up the tune ive been working on so here's that. 01 z28 ss tune idle map kpa min0 max100 dw 42lb (1).hpt

There is always more than one way to go about fixing a tune or working on one so this is just my suggestion.

Based on the log and the file posted it needs the airflow model corrected a lot still. You have the fuel trims disabled so whatever your VE/MAF is set at is what it's trying it's best to run with and of course it's not working well. When you get your wideband back you need to create a wideband error with either AFR or Lambda so you can tune both tables separately in open loop. Once the VE and MAF curve are basically corrected it will make idle tuning and coast down tuning much easier. It will not be fighting a major fueling issue once the airflow model is very close.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.