Thread: Platform type/system options capabilties

Senior Tuner

Platform type/system options capabilties

Platform type tells it which row to check the 0/1 status bits for correct?

But say you have a Fbody OS and platform type selected, can you change oil pressure to a 1 and wire in the truck style oil pressure sensor and log pressure?

What can you do with the PTO switch and what OS have stuff populated for that? Segment swap one into another OS?

What about trans hot switch or brake torque management, is there a in depth listing of all these functions etc??
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    No one has any info on this, HPTuners?

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Tuner in Training
    Buhler? Buhler?

It would be nice if there was some info somewhere that explained this better. Like why in options most of them are all zero'd out, but if you choose say Y(which is what corvettes used) the motor runs good but I have codes. If you choose gm800 (still all zero's) it runs like crap. I you choose gm610 runs better than gm800 but I get misfire codes? Sure would be nice for someone from Hptuners to elaborate on this for a more clear idea of what is going on. Instead of when you highlight it it just says "changing this is not recommended".

Well if your piecing a motor together with different year parts how would you know which vehicle type is closest to what you need? A better understanding of what this actually does would be useful.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRatt View Post
    Buhler? Buhler?

It would be nice if there was some info somewhere that explained this better. Like why in options most of them are all zero'd out, but if you choose say Y(which is what corvettes used) the motor runs good but I have codes. If you choose gm800 (still all zero's) it runs like crap. I you choose gm610 runs better than gm800 but I get misfire codes? Sure would be nice for someone from Hptuners to elaborate on this for a more clear idea of what is going on. Instead of when you highlight it it just says "changing this is not recommended".

Well if your piecing a motor together with different year parts how would you know which vehicle type is closest to what you need? A better understanding of what this actually does would be useful.
    I agree. Im trying to figure this out and cant find any information. What do they mean and which one i need to be using would be helpfull.

Senior Tuner
    HPTuners will never be much help in any older operating systems. Mostly they are interested in adding new operating systems so they can sell credits for it, not adding functionality - or more importantly fixing broken features/functions for older stuff. They already have our money lol

Someone with access to the hex stuff like Short has been able to shed some light on background stuff we otherwise cant see

9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Setting the option to 1 enables it ultimately. Whether the other stuff pertaining to that option is populated in the background determines if flipping that switch works. Oil pressure is pretty well a given. I believe the sensor calibration location for the oil pressure sender is 0x9950 for pressure linear and 0x9952 for pressure offset on a 12587603 OS. Other OS's will vary.

PTO has a multitude of functions but isn't populated on a lot of calibrations. Those other enablers and parameters would need populated in order to make it function.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400