Thread: LM-1, HPT and a gauge?

LM-1, HPT and a gauge?

Is it possible to run a gauge and log using HPT using an LM-1 wideband?
    If not, I may have to sell off the LM-1 and get a LC-1
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

Yes you can run a gauge and log with either the LM1 or LC1.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune

EC

if u use HPT to log with the LM1, do u still use the handheld unit when using HTP?
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

and do i need the MPVI upgrade to run LM1 with HPT? cause i have the standard interface wire from about a year and a half ago.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

You need MPVI Pro to log AFR unless you are running the AFR in through the EGR system pins. Don't know which ones but someone here does...

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune

EC
    Thanks, but how would it be wired? The LM-1 only has the 2.5mm stereo plug, would a splitter work at the LM-1 box?

Tuner in Training
    If you buy the LM1 it comes with a 2 2.5mm plugs. One has a plug on each end and one has the 3 wires free on one end. Just set up the LM1 to send the output as you want it to be recorded and use on of the sender wires on that piece. Then ground the right wire and your good.
    Currently the 2nd fastest Ecotec J-Body roaming the streets. Aiming for more all the time.Best run: [email protected] w/ 1.867 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by hypsy
    If you buy the LM1 it comes with a 2 2.5mm plugs. One has a plug on each end and one has the 3 wires free on one end. Just set up the LM1 to send the output as you want it to be recorded and use on of the sender wires on that piece. Then ground the right wire and your good.
    I've had this LM-1 for well over a year now and it never came with any output wires for gauges or the HPT connection. I had to buy a stereo plug at RadioShack to get HPT to work.
    I checked the documentation and cant find anything other than the normal wiring for a gauge. I want to have the gauge and and HPT working at the same time.

Advanced Tuner
    check the documentation again.... because it shows what you need on page 19 of the LM-1 manual..... it's also described in several other places in the manual... the stereo plug has 3 wires, 2 are analog out (1 and 2) and third is a common ground

you have 2 analog outputs, 1 goes to HPT, 1 goes to gauge, program LM1 for appropriate voltage/lambda ranges and you're done
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by horist
    check the documentation again.... because it shows what you need on page 19 of the LM-1 manual..... it's also described in several other places in the manual... the stereo plug has 3 wires, 2 are analog out (1 and 2) and third is a common ground

you have 2 analog outputs, 1 goes to HPT, 1 goes to gauge, program LM1 for appropriate voltage/lambda ranges and you're done
    Ok, figured out the problem I have a mono 2.5mm cable here, not a stereo. So there's only one wire and the ground. Time for another trip to RadioShack.
    Now where to find a good gauge
    Last edited by John_F; 07-19-2006 at 06:20 PM.

just buy theor XD 16..it works great..

or since the output of the LM1/LC1 is programmable you can buy just about anybodys cheap A/F gauge and program it to match teh range of that gauge
    -Scott -

Tuner
    I believe if you get the Innovate gauge, XD16, it also has a pigtail you can log off of. Just like the LM!/LC1