Thread: 04 gto 4l80e swap

Tuner in Training

04 gto 4l80e swap

OS 12587604 p59 o4gto 4l60e swapping to 4l80e in a 96 240sx. 4l80 trans segment swap.hpt
    Im in the middle of swapping to a 4l80. When i first started this i was under the impression that all i had to do was add a speed sensor pinned to the ecm and repin a few in the trans round connector and segment swap the ecm. I have done all of the above. Upon further research i cant find anyone sharing there results. Im hoping to get the trans back in this weekend and try it out. Does anyone have some info they would like to share to help get this going.

General questions are very difficult to answer, or help you with. Can you be MORE specific about what you really need help with? If you are just asking, in general, about the wiring, there are MANY write ups all over the internet about how to do that. If you have a SPECIFIC question, I'd be more than willing to help, but I can't ascertain from your post exactly what it is you need.

I have well over 300 4L80E conversions done under my belt. I can probably answer any question you have about this conversion IF I knew what it was exactly you needed to know. If you are just wanting someone to guide you, or show you the steps-that information can be found in thousands of locations across the web.

Maybe this will help you.... On the connector by the trans-CUT both wires for the T & U pins. They may be BLACK OR TAN/BLACK, OR BROWN. Regardless, T & U need to be cut free from the connector. These are the 2 wires you will hook to your front speed sensor. From there you will then need to go to TCM connector and move 3 wires. The two wires that you cut will need to be moved at the TCM to the ISS/Turbine speed sensor pin locations, and the WHITE wire will need to be removed from it's current 3-2 Control Solenoid position, and moved to where the BLACK, or SOLID color wire was that was previously in the "T" position was formerly located. After that, it's just a segment swap, and then MANDATORY that you update the VSS PULSES PER MILE, and Gear Ratio & Tire Size=Trans Revolutions/Mile boxes under HP Tuner>Speedo>Calibration> If you don't update those boxes with correct information, the shift tables *may* be off and you won't know why your trans is not shifting in line with your shift tables.

I just typed all of this information out on another post located here; https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rect-speed-TPS if you go down and look at my user #, you will see the methods used to get the correct #'s to insert into those two boxes in HP Tuners.