Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to access the FPCM and command 58psi at all times? CEL P069e

Advanced Tuner

How to access the FPCM and command 58psi at all times? CEL P069e

My fuel pressure drops to 48psi by redline. I'm running the stock 2011 SS fpcm, a ZL1 pump, and a MSD BAP.

Car threw a P069e, and it wont clear. Stumbled home popping and jerking.

Before I give in and just buy a ZL1 FPCM, I'd like to know if HPTuners has the ability to make a change to the stock SS fpcm to get my fuel pressure to stay at 58psi, and not fall off to 48.

(I'm assuming this is why I set the MIL p0693)

pop.PNG

I cannot clear the code, or it immediately returns on startup.
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

The answer is perhaps, they support many FSCM's and what we do is copy over the ZL1 data into the NA setup FSCM which actually reduces fuel pressure as the deamnd goes high I quess to save the stock pump. Hook up to the vehicle and enable Read Vehicle. Hit Gather Info and see if the FSCM shows up on the PCM/TCM list. If so they do. Select read and download the file which will now include the FSCM module tables in the Fuel System section. There was a ZL1 stock file posted by HP Tuners in one of our FSCM threads...google it and if you can't find it I'll look in my library....

Update -- Found it, here it is :-)

If it is not supported, then send your file to [email protected] and ask them if they can or will support it for you.

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mowton; 04-01-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    The answer is perhaps, they support many FSCM's and what we do is copy over the ZL1 data into the NA setup FSCM which actually reduces fuel pressure as the deamnd goes high I quess to save the stock pump. Hook up to the vehicle and enable Read Vehicle. Hit Gather Info and see if the FSCM shows up on the PCM/TCM list. If so they do. Select read and download the file which will now include the FSCM module tables in the Fuel System section. There was a ZL1 stock file posted by HP Tuners in one of our FSCM threads...google it and if you can't find it I'll look in my library....

Update -- Found it, here it is :-)

If it is not supported, then send your file to [email protected] and ask them if they can or will support it for you.

Ed M
    Ed, have I ever told you that you rock? I think I have, but I'll say it again. You rock. Answers, direct and to the point! Thank you so much!

Just downloaded 3.6 and I'll go read entire now.
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Had to delete my post, didnt want my personal info displayed.

I got this error
    HPTerror.PNG
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Quote Originally Posted by justhereforinfo View Post
    Had to delete my post, didnt want my personal info displayed.

I got this error
    HPTerror.PNG
    Thank you for the props...

That message appears because the FSCM is a "Write only" device. When you "read it", you are actually connecting to the HP Tuners Cloud and they are sending you a copy of your stock FSCM file. That is why you have to be connected to the internet to accomplish this read. You modify this file and the perform a normal write to re-program. Remember to save the modified file because you next read will again return with a copy of the stock file.

Also it will cost you another credit for access to this module but its a lot cheaper an easier than replacing the FSCM with an aftermnarket one....

Also when you go to write the file, you will see a warning BRICKABLE... disregard as well.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I will have to contact HP Tuners for an additional credit, since I'm out.

Thanks for the ZL1 file. Do I only copy over the Pressure fields?
    ZL1FSCM.PNG
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

I will have to contact HP Tuners for an additional credit, since I'm out.

Thanks for the ZL1 file. Do I only copy over the Pressure fields?
    ZL1FSCM.PNG
    And the DC tables as well....

If you need credits, we offer them as well.....check out the website

Ed M

[email protected]

Latest beta software can read all FSCMs now. Contact support to add it to your customer panel if you don't have it.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for all your help. As far as the P069e mil, is it safe to assume that it tripped because the desired fuel pressure and actual fuel pressure were too far apart?

It's odd because I've done several test runs and never tripped this before. All my logs (since SC'd) show FP fall off to 48psi. The only difference from this run, was Traction Control was disabled.
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Secondly, if my tune is already working well for the 48psi fp, can I just turn off the p069e mil from illuminating?
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    And the DC tables as well....

If you need credits, we offer them as well.....check out the website

Ed M
    I tried to access your website to buy the credit Ed, but my work laptop flagged your site as "suspicious" and wont allow me to access it. Nothing wrong with your site, just my work (big corp cellular cmp) has browser restrictions. I just went throught HPT.

So if I apply this $50 credit to my fscm and it bricks it, what then?
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Yes, but you will have to license the FSCM to retrieve and be able to No Report the DTC's...but while you are in there, why not just update the tables?

Ed M

[email protected]

I tried to access your website to buy the credit Ed, but my work laptop flagged your site as "suspicious" and wont allow me to access it. Nothing wrong with your site, just my work (big corp cellular cmp) has browser restrictions. I just went throught HPT.

So if I apply this $50 credit to my fscm and it bricks it, what then?
    It won't.....it is just a warning. HP Tuners has some protection against writing an incompatible program. You will see the same warning when you try and do a Write Entire....

Ed M

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I applied the credit, app key, changed fscm data to ZL1 in the freshly downloaded tune from the car using 3.6. Flashed both controllers successfully. Started it up and it throws these DTCs
    DTCs.PNG

So I removed P069e from reporting, and reflashed. Car wont run. Looks like my maf is reading 0hz. wtf?

p069e disabled.PNG

Looks like that wasnt my real issue, but hey, at least I now have a zl1 fpcm (kinda).
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Post a log

Ed M

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    trying to idle maf0.hpl
    This is just a quick idle log. I do have a spare maf and just swapped it out, same thing. 0hz. Fuel trims are pulling max 25%. something is going on with my fpcm or bap. im gonna remove the bap and see what happens.
    Redline ESS Tuning +p0121delete+3barMap+zl1fpcm.hpt
    Boost Basic.Layout.xml
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

If MAF Hz are zero then I would check the connections to the maf as well as the the voltage and returns. FSCM/BAP shouldn't have anything to do with the MAF. Check for DTC's as well. S/B P0101 and 102 at a minimum. Also means the PCM has reverted to Speed Density and you are runinng off the VE table.

Ed M

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    yes, 102 is on, and this is a maf only tune. Heres the log from when the DTCs occured. Start at 4:49secs, you can see tps is 100% and maf drops from 10,000 t0 3000 to 0 and stays there.

Thanks Ed, I think im on the right track now.pop.hpl

Now, to troubleshoot the maf....
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    MAF Fuse # 14 in underhood fuse box was blown. Replaced with 7.5amp fuse from On-Star, and all is good. But now im gonna but the BAP back inline and see if this puppy actually holds 58psi as advertised.
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff