Thread: STFT Bank 1 goes flat

STFT Bank 1 goes flat

Hi guys,

I just hooked up a wideband to my 11 CTSV and I'm getting a random issue where STFT Bank 1 goes to 0 and stays there. In this specific log; you'll notice that it started off okay, but at around 2:57 into the log it dies out. The o2's are both running so I don't believe that it's mechanical. The wideband is an AEM 30-0333 and is in place where the rear o2 of bank 1 is. Car is catless.

One thought I just had is that the rear o2 that I removed to put the wideband in is just ziptied and hanging there during tuning. If it comes into contact with metal; would it ground out and potentially cause this issue?

**I can't figure out how to upload the file. When I click to add attachment, it goes through the motions, but it's not showing up

I wasn't able to attach the original file that I wanted to, but I was able to attach this one which the STFT Bank 1 dies out at around 4:24
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've seen weird stuff like this happen when logging way too many channels.

I think I counted like 73 channels you are logging. Try to cut that way down and see if it helps.

For one example here, you are logging 2 different Alcohol/Ethanol channels and both read 0% and while also logging flex fuel advanced spark. Getting rid of those would be a good idea if you are not even using them. Or logging 4 different throttle position channels, maybe only two are required.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I've seen weird stuff like this happen when logging way too many channels.

I think I counted like 73 channels you are logging. Try to cut that way down and see if it helps.

For one example here, you are logging 2 different Alcohol/Ethanol channels and both read 0% and while also logging flex fuel advanced spark. Getting rid of those would be a good idea if you are not even using them. Or logging 4 different throttle position channels, maybe only two are required.
    Good Call. I'll clean it up and see what that does. It can't hurt.
    Thank you