Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Force CL Decel for Inj Tuning

Force CL Decel for Inj Tuning

Hi guys, I am trying to disable DFCO to work on my injector cal, but am not having much luck.

Enable RPM is set to 7000 and disable at 6900.

Both VSS settings are 0

I even tried setting the closed throttle delay to 9s.

Still after about 1.5s of no pedal, it goes into OL TQ req. Lean. Then a couple seconds later OL inj cut. (which confusingly is still showing a 0.65ms PW, despite a 0 lb/min fuel flow rate).

I must be missing something to keep it in CL!

Senior Tuner
    engine> torque management> General> Torque ratio> fuel cut torque ratio. ECM 44775. Set DFSO to 0.

Awesome, thank you Murfie!

While we are in that table, would you recommend disabling anything permanently in there? LaSota want you to zero everything out, but from reading I've done, it sounds like he might not understand how it is really applied.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    engine> torque management> General> Torque ratio> fuel cut torque ratio. ECM 44775. Set DFSO to 0.

Unfortunately, that did not work.

It is still going into OL decel, followed by fuel cut. I really want to keep it in CL.

Advanced Tuner
    Try this

dfco.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Try this

dfco.JPG

Have you had luck with that configuration? The Enable VSS setting makes sense, and I have mine set to 100 mph now. But, the Disable VSS description made me want to set it to 99 mph:

[ECM] 44492 - Maximum VSS to Disable DFCO: Below this vehicle speed, DFCO will be disabled.
    I also set my Disable Load to 0.01 on my last flash, and that may have worked. I got tired of not being able to see live data and plugged my nGauge back in. So, I didn't get a full log. It appeared to stay in closed loop stoich though. I'll log again this morning to check. Maybe, in order to disable, the conditions for VSS, RPM, and load must all be met.

I'll report back.

Advanced Tuner
    I have my enable set to 1200rpm/50mph and disable set to 1000rpm/3mph and it works.

I have my enable set to 1200rpm/50mph and disable set to 1000rpm/3mph and it works.

When you say "it works", you mean that during a long period of decel, you stay in closed loop stoich fueling? Can you post a log showing this?

From the descriptions in editor:

Enable RPM: [ECM] 2290 - Minimum RPM to Allow DFCO: Above this engine speed, DFCO will be allowed.
    Disable RPM: [ECM] 2291 - Maximum RPM to Disable DFCO: Below this engine speed, DFCO will be disabled.
    Enable VSS: [ECM] 44491 - Minimum VSS to Allow DFCO: Above this vehicle speed, DFCO will be allowed.
    Disable VSS: [ECM] 44492 - Maximum VSS to Disable DFCO: Below this vehicle speed, DFCO will be disabled.
    Disable Load: [ECM] 12156 - Maximum Load to Disable DFCO: Above this Load, DFCO will be disabled.

I read this to say that if you want DFCO disabled, you should be:

• Below "enable RPM" and "disable RPM"
    • Below "Enable VSS" and "Disable VSS"
    • Above "disable load"

My settings should make that true essentially all the time, yet it is still going OL and cutting injectors. Are the editor descriptions wrong?

DFCO.png

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, sent that message on my phone not paying attention.

This is a recent DFCO I used on a cammed 3v. I just checked the log and it stayed in CL for 5 minutes while cruising, then it goes WOT PE for a pull and back in to CL.

dfco111.JPG

This is a recent DFCO I used on a cammed 3v. I just checked the log and it stayed in CL for 5 minutes while cruising, then it goes WOT PE for a pull and back in to CL.

dfco111.JPG

You might be missing the point of this thread. I have no problem staying in CL during cruising or acceleration. I want it to stay in CL during throttle shut decel (foot off the pedal, in gear, deceleration).

Advanced Tuner

dfco111.JPG

dfco111.JPG

Have you started paying attention yet?

Advanced Tuner

Could you post the actual log?

Anyone else?

Is there another setting somewhere, outside of DFSO, that controls whether the fuel source is CL or OL at very low loads?

OL.png

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Anyone else?

Is there another setting somewhere, outside of DFSO, that controls whether the fuel source is CL or OL at very low loads?

OL.png
    On my S197 if i set the ECM 44496 closed throttle delay to anything above 1 it seems to stay fueling continuously during decel and burbles and backfires etc.

Senior Tuner
    Same fuel cut table, but look for dashpot, use to be blank, but #16 starting from 0 was decel/dashpot in the notes I had and target N. set them to 0.

Same fuel cut table, but look for dashpot, use to be blank, but #16 starting from 0 was decel/dashpot in the notes I had and target N. set them to 0.

Thanks murphie! I'll give those a try soon.

Right now I am trying to get my CAT, O2, and HO2 readiness tests passed, so I can get my car inspected. I'm on a flashing hold

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    On my S197 if i set the ECM 44496 closed throttle delay to anything above 1 it seems to stay fueling continuously during decel and burbles and backfires etc.

Weird, I tried setting both delay values (44496/44497) to 30 seconds, and I still get DFSO immediately on closed throttle.

Murfie, with Dashpot and Target N set to 0, I still go into OL react /after decel with zero fuel flow.

I would not have guessed it would be so hard to stay in CL.