Thread: 17 GT350 Newbie Questions, where do you add timing and how to long the AFR?

Advanced Tuner

17 GT350 Newbie Questions, where do you add timing and how to long the AFR?

Hi Guys, gotta GT350 here. Did the full Kooks front to back, headers to Kooks mufflers. Also added a JLT CAI. I have adjusted the MAF vs Period so it now runs with the JLT. Forgive my newbie questions but how do I log the AFR? The headers did not even come with a extra 02 bung and from what I understand these things have wideband sensors in them. So can I log them and set of a MAF vs AFR? And where do you add timing? There is 26 MBT spark tables.

Sorry for all the newbie questions.

And thanks in advance for any help!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Advanced Tuner
    You dont log AFR, you are going to log Equivalence ratio 1 and 2, these are your OE widebands in the car.

To dial in the MAF(assuming injectors and fuel pressure data is accurate) you want to log MAF period vs LTFT+STFT, or MAF period v STFT if you disabled LTFT

You should really search to learn how to tune the car and figure out how the ECM logic works...there is a lot to learn

Agreed. You should do a lot more reading before trying to tune, or even asking questions.

Watch the HP Tuners videos on Youtube for some general practices as well.

I will add that the Greg Banish Blu-Ray, although expensive, is must watch material for anyone just starting out. No, it will not tell you put 27 in this box or 28 in that, but it will give you a solid understanding of modern OEM fuel injection.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Murph12 View Post
    I will add that the Greg Banish Blu-Ray, although expensive, is must watch material for anyone just starting out. No, it will not tell you put 27 in this box or 28 in that, but it will give you a solid understanding of modern OEM fuel injection.
    On the last power & speed podcast Greg commented that they were still filming on the Coyote powertrain - did it finally get released?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate P View Post
    On the last power & speed podcast Greg commented that they were still filming on the Coyote powertrain - did it finally get released?
    Not as far as I know, I believe he's speaking about Greg's previously released dvd/data disk combo- still a great resource, although mainly GM focused.

Tuner
    He said Blu-Ray. Not DVD. The Banish Blu-Ray is outstanding, it is not Ford specific but it doesn’t need to be.