Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading the MPVI Pro to the New MPVI2 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    If I wait until the Expander Hub is available (for my WB O2 and fuel pressure inputs) before sending in my MPV1 Pro, can I still get the $189 upgrade price and qualify for the Pro Feature Set at no cost when it becomes available??
    there is no time limit on the upgrade price of $189. If you are upgrading an MPVI Pro you will receive the Pro Feature Set at no cost, the Expander Hub will be an additional cost (TBA).
    I count sheep in hex...

I will be sending my MPVI standard in and trading up to the MPVI2 Pro with expander hub so I can log afr, fuel pressure and maybe some other things in the future. This is exciting, thanks HPT for making even better products

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Yes you can. This is explained in the Upgrade FAQ, Q3/Q4/Q5 scenarios are similar. You buy the MPVI2 at normal price ($299) then later can send in your MPVI Pro, we will combine all your licenses and credits and you will also receive the MPVI2 Pro Feature Set at no cost (when it is available). You don't need to send back your MPVI2, just the old MPVI Pro.
    This doesnt make sense to me, as I wastold it will cost me $189 to upgrade my Pro MVPI1

Bill told me I could buy MVPI2 at normal price, BUT THEN I NEED TO PURCHASE CREDITS I ALREADY HAVE TO TUNE CARS I ALREADY HAVE

I dont understand why you guys cant offer us the unit like a virgin customer but at a discount to the stated $189 price, and send us a key code to carry on (without the wideband inputs for the time being)
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    there is no time limit on the upgrade price of $189. If you are upgrading an MPVI Pro you will receive the Pro Feature Set at no cost, the Expander Hub will be an additional cost (TBA).
    Excellent, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    This doesnt make sense to me, as I wastold it will cost me $189 to upgrade my Pro MVPI1

Bill told me I could buy MVPI2 at normal price, BUT THEN I NEED TO PURCHASE CREDITS I ALREADY HAVE TO TUNE CARS I ALREADY HAVE

I dont understand why you guys cant offer us the unit like a virgin customer but at a discount to the stated $189 price, and send us a key code to carry on (without the wideband inputs for the time being)
    It will cost $189 to upgrade if you return your interface to us at the time of upgrade.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Yes you can. This is explained in the Upgrade FAQ, Q3/Q4/Q5 scenarios are similar. You buy the MPVI2 at normal price ($299) then later can send in your MPVI Pro, we will combine all your licenses and credits and you will also receive the MPVI2 Pro Feature Set at no cost (when it is available). You don't need to send back your MPVI2, just the old MPVI Pro.
    I'm a big dumb animal.

Q9. How much does the MPVI Standard to MPVI2 with Pro Feature Set upgrade cost?
    A9. $189 plus MPVI2 Pro Feature Set $249

So to go from 1 std to 2 pro it's 438? with the 1 std shipped to you, credits transferred to the 2 pro. correct?
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    I'm a big dumb animal.

Q9. How much does the MPVI Standard to MPVI2 with Pro Feature Set upgrade cost?
    A9. $189 plus MPVI2 Pro Feature Set $249

So to go from 1 std to 2 pro it's 438? with the 1 std shipped to you, credits transferred to the 2 pro. correct?
    correct. credits and licenses all transfer.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    I too am a big dumb animal, so just to clarify...I send in my old MPVI Pro and for $189 + a TBD cost and i will receive a MPVI2 with Pro features and expander hub? I need the expander hub to connect my wideband or other inputs to, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_SS View Post
    I too am a big dumb animal, so just to clarify...I send in my old MPVI Pro and for $189 + a TBD cost and i will receive a MPVI2 with Pro features and expander hub? I need the expander hub to connect my wideband or other inputs to, correct?
    Q3 of the Upgrade FAQ applies to you. Pro Feature Set is not available yet (but you will receive it for free) Expander Hub is not available yet it is an extra cost (TBA).
    I count sheep in hex...

I re-read Q3, I will wait for the MPVI2's pro and expander hub to equally match my current MPVI pro.

Chris Can you let us upgrade guys know when some MPVI 2's & e hubs are available?
    Last edited by 2002SLPSS; 06-03-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2 8spd 4x4 Onyx/Jet
    2002 Black M6 SS SLP 2854 SOLD

Advanced Tuner
    Sucks because I literally bought my MPVI1 a month ago.... If I had known the MPVI2 was coming out I would have waited since I haven't had much time to tinker yet :P

But think about it, you got 8 credits with your MPVI1. You don't get any credits with the MPVI2.

So that's a big plus if you ask me and you don't mind not have the very latest unit for a little while.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

My MPVI1 broke down
    Why the upgrade is not available?
    And when will it be available???
    Two days ago wrote in support, on the topic of repair, so still no even answer. This is very sad

Tuner
    Just waitin for the pro feature and expander hub availability before I upgrade. I bought the pro so I dont want to not be able to use everything, just to upgrade some hardware (for me). I've never used the standard version so I dont want to find out what I cant do. So I'll wait, plus the page said you were out of stock anyway. I am excited for the bluetooth capabilities and the longer list of vehicle support though. Keep it up you guys are doin awesome!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1duffman View Post
    Just waitin for the pro feature and expander hub availability before I upgrade. I bought the pro so I dont want to not be able to use everything, just to upgrade some hardware (for me). I've never used the standard version so I dont want to find out what I cant do. So I'll wait, plus the page said you were out of stock anyway. I am excited for the bluetooth capabilities and the longer list of vehicle support though. Keep it up you guys are doin awesome!!!
    You can purchase an mpvi2 outright for $299+shipping and use it along side of your current mpvi1, that way at least you can tune all the new vehicles we support. If you don't need to tune them your best bet would be to take the upgrade path or simply wait until you do need to tune those vehicles
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tell me if I am right or wrong.

1. I can still buy credits for the MPVI1 Pro and tune with it?
    2. As of now, you cannot add a wideband to the MPVI2 because we are waiting for the expander hub to be released?
    3. The MPVI2 "PRO" version has not been released yet?
    4. If you have the MPVI1 Pro will it become obsolete at some point? Or you will always be able to use it, but just not have some of the MPVI2 features?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1. I can still buy credits for the MPVI1 Pro and tune with it? Yes
    2. As of now, you cannot add a wideband to the MPVI2 because we are waiting for the expander hub to be released? Correct
    3. The MPVI2 "PRO" version has not been released yet? Correct
    4. If you have the MPVI1 Pro will it become obsolete at some point? Or you will always be able to use it, but just not have some of the MPVI2 features? Absolutely, just as the serial interfaces went obsolete in 2009 after we stopped selling them in 2005ish. We can't continue to support old products, simply not possible.

Advanced Tuner
    2. As of now, you cannot add a wideband to the MPVI2 because we are waiting for the expander hub to be released? Correct
    Do I need to do something to the 30-0334 to make it work directly with the new interface ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    should work the same as it did with the original mpvi, nothing has change in that respect.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummster View Post
    My MPVI1 broke down
    Why the upgrade is not available?
    And when will it be available???
    Two days ago wrote in support, on the topic of repair, so still no even answer. This is very sad
    You will not get any solid answers, at least I havent over the last month in your same boat, other than you can buy a 2nd MVPI2 interface and repurchase credits you already have if you would like to tune cars
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere