Thread: 2016 Ecoboost Mustang issues

Tuner in Training

2016 Ecoboost Mustang issues

Trying to tinker on a stock one for a good friend and having no luck on it. Followed all the guides here and no matter what I change it hits a boost cut to almost 8psi in second gear and very low timing. I?m on my cell phone now but will post the logs and tunes I?ve tried in it not sure what to do to keep it from going into a torque reduction going into second gear!? Help lol!
    Owner feels there?s some sort of tables hptuners missing and wants to go sct I?m not giving up yet
    Last edited by scarface846; 05-12-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Heres one of the modified files, stock and some logs. Just picked and pieced together something based off the info here but didnt get far with it. I do noticed the actual TIP goes well beyond desired around the times the boost gets pulled good.

djmustang.hpt
    djmustangmod1.hpt
    ecobooststockpull.hpl
    boostclip.hpl

I'm looking through it, but right off the bat your pedal map ratio table (9687) seems off. Go back to stock and try those values.

You also forgot to raise the loads in Flange Temp Inv (44553).

You also need to increase the torque limiters under Trans -> Torque Management:
    2A, 3A, B, OP 2A, OP 3A, OP B. I'm not sure which ones your Mustang is using but it's advised to increase those because they can limit your desired torque. The F-series use the same strategy. Puggybear artificially set his F-150 to 406 ft-lb using those tables to match my Fusion Sport and we got the same airload/torque results as the 2.7 EcoBoost is 98% the same between the car and truck.

The spark is generally low at WOT with EcoBoost from the factory. I'd recommend increasing only when you are using 93 octane or E20-E30 or higher ethanol content, because once you start requesting more boost you will start to see more and more knock retard with 87 octane fuel with stock spark. But if you want to increase spark, you basically increase the appropriate cells within each of the borderline knock tables. If these values exceed MBT, it will use MBT (Base) timing along with the adders/modifiers.

I've never tuned an EcoStang so someone else will chime in, but the 15-up are generally similar in idea.

7925 Outlet Pressure on the 2.7 EcoBoost is basically set about 6.75 psi higher than what you will see on your MAP for boost, but that is based on my own testing/experience with the 2.7 EcoBoost and may not apply to other EcoBoost. I see that your stock values and stock baseline runs indicate the MAP can be close to the Outlet Pressure setting for 1st and 2nd, but drops in 3rd and beyond. That's just something to look at.

Tuner in Training
    Going to give these changes a try today! Car only uses 93 octane and the low timing did kind of stick out to me like a sore thumb, if i can get this thing to somewhat hold a consistant boost like first and second we would be happy!!! Thanks a lot Metroplex

Tuner in Training
    Took everyones advice and we seem to be in the right direction, was wondering about all of the knock retard and found out they had 87 in it by accident after all of the trial and error today. Saw the little bit of boost drop in 3 in logs/tune 6 so we played with the desired tip settings which seemed to work but i saw a little more boost than expected and some fuel drop issues in tune 7/log 8 so i dropped them back down and the car now has file 8 in it and we ran out of time for the day.
    Heres our logs and progress def seems to do much better
    djmustangsimple6.hpt
    djmustangsimple7.hpt
    djmustangsimple8.hpt
    djlog6.hpl
    sportmode6.hpl
    djtune8log.hpl