Thread: How to remote tune?

Advanced Tuner

How to remote tune?

just wonder how do you go about setting this up? trying to help a buddy make some changes in his tune and it takes forever for me to show him with screen shots. can I log into his computer and make changes from my side? do I need to spend credits too? has anyone tried team viewer app to remotely log into someones lap top to do it?

Advanced Tuner
    I know lotsa people use Team Viewer with other tuning software, I would assume it'll work with HPTuners too.
    What about Windows remote desktop? I would think it would also work, and it's already installed on new computers.

Team Viewer works great.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    great thanks guys this way I can help him from my own computer where I have loads of files to compare with. when you actually remote tune do hook up into someone elses computer to do it? do you both have to use credits? I have no seen a write up on how to do it I was just wondering

Team viewer takes over their computer, you can control their mouse and everything.

So by using their stuff you spend no extra credits or anything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    sounds perfect, have you ever used the remote tuning feature in this software just wondering,.