Thread: Dumb question..What does VE tables do?

Tuner

Dumb question..What does VE tables do?

I know. I read the 5-6 page post in the 6cyl forum..but i still dont get what were suppose to be looking at in the VE tables. First off, i thought VE stood for volumetric efficiency. Wrong? The tables show MAP vs RPM with the values on the table being %. % of what? Whats the goal of the ve (specifically hig rpm ve) to look like? 100% across the board?

Thanks.

Nate

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it does. This signifies the amount of air the engine can take in versus the volume of the engine. The goal of the VE table is to have the VE numbers so that you have your target A/F ratio. The ECU uses the VE table to calcuate the amount of fuel to deliver. Basically the more VE percentage, the richer that cell is, the lower the VE percentage, the leaner that cell is. More air = more fuel, less air = less fuel.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"