Hello,

Just got a Garmin Virb Ultra 30 and want to try RR3 with it. I can get the FIT file for the video by exporting it from the Garmin VIRB Edit Software. I know that my RPM data, speed, etc. is in there because I can create a video in VIRB Edit and have it display RPM correctly. I can also get the appropriate offset in seconds from the G-Metrix information to sync the data file with the video. I can create a video in RR3 that will show my track position and it will show my vehicle speed as reported by the OBD-II sensor that is connected to the Virb Ultra 30.

However, no matter what I try - and I'm a newbie at this - I can't get other OBD-II data such as RPM to display correctly. I have no idea how to decode the FIT file (well, not strictly true - I can decode it to CSV, but the data fields don't really mean anything to me), so I can't even see what's wrong. What I can tell is that when I do a side-by-side sync, the speed graph shows correctly, the track graph shows correctly, but the RPM does not show correctly.

Has anyone successfully gotten the various OBD-II engine data fields as reported by a VIRB Ultra 30 (shows up as obdii_data in the csv file) to work correctly?