Thread: What the heck is anti-shuffle logic?

Potential Tuner

What the heck is anti-shuffle logic?

Does anybody know what this is? I can't find any technical info. All I know is that when we disable it, there are fewer drivability issues... On my car, turning it off prevents timing from jumping around at PT.

John

Nice to see you over here. Lets see if any of the whiz kids chime in.

Tuner
    either no kids here or no whiz lol. Anyhow I been looking into this and it's related to spark and to smooth the cold start. I seen it in logs and seen many just disable it
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

Advanced Tuner
    Anti shuffle is a bit of logic that helps prevent rapid on/off throttle jerking, like if you're slipping the clutch and aren't smooth with it and jerk the car around and your foot on the gas bounces and makes things worse... It helps correct for that.

Edit: Didn't even notice this thread is from 4 years ago lol
    Last edited by Seishuku; 09-15-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    This thread was actually a life saver, have been battling a cutting out issue and at times it seems like its exactly a "rapid on/off throttle jerking" when im trying to just lay into the throttle. I notice this was different in other tunes and looked up "anti-shuffle" and boom this threat came up. when it felt like throttle cutting it actually looked like the timing was going all over the place. thats what led me down this road, i disabled it along with a couple of other minor changes and it seems to have completely resolved the cutting in and out jumping around issue. the car is actually driveable now. Ureka! Hope this helps some one else.