Thread: Wrong Time Interval in Exported CSV Files

Potential Tuner

Wrong Time Interval in Exported CSV Files

Hi Folks - I am just getting started w/ VCM Scanner (Ver 4.0 )and can't seem to get the correct time interval on exported csv files. I would like to get 1 second intervals for each data point. So I set-up polling = 1 Hz for all parameters and when I export the data and bring into Excel, the far left column which appears to be time, is in fractions of a second and not a consistent delta from pt to pt. The end result is a massive csv file with so many small data points. Also the creation time in the csv file is the wrong day and time, when the time in my car and laptop are all correct. Very odd and getting a bit frustrating, so would very much appreciate some help if you have a few mins. Thanks in advance.

Had similar happen when first trying to export the raw data, try un-checking "interpolate data gaps" in the export dialog box. That should export only the actual data.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    Had similar happen when first trying to export the raw data, try un-checking "interpolate data gaps" in the export dialog box. That should export only the actual data.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for giving it some thought. I tried your suggestion and still does not work. I tried to export a larger file today and it had many other formatting problems (along w/ the time stamp). It doesn't align the headers (descriptions) with the correct data. All mixed up. The data almost looks like it has some compression in it as well. I tried bringing the data into Notepad. That didn't work either. The only thing I can think of is to submit a ticket to the help desk. It seems that there is a bug in the software, but what bothers me is that I'm sure others have exported into Excel w/ version 4.0 and haven't heard of any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06_V View Post
    Thanks for giving it some thought. I tried your suggestion and still does not work. I tried to export a larger file today and it had many other formatting problems (along w/ the time stamp). It doesn't align the headers (descriptions) with the correct data. All mixed up. The data almost looks like it has some compression in it as well. I tried bringing the data into Notepad. That didn't work either. The only thing I can think of is to submit a ticket to the help desk. It seems that there is a bug in the software, but what bothers me is that I'm sure others have exported into Excel w/ version 4.0 and haven't heard of any complaints.
    I just exported (ver 4.0.12) a file and attached it (1751kb). Opens in Excel and notepad and looks OK to me (although I didn't look at the data closely). Does it open OK on your machine? Attach one of yours and I'll take a look. Another thought is to make a log with just one or two PID's, export and see how it looks -- Might be a bug related to a certain data rate or number of PID's.

Attached Files Attached Files