Thread: How to Display changing textual data as opposed to Numerical Data?

Tuner in Training

How to Display changing textual data as opposed to Numerical Data?

How to add info from a column that is not data, but text? this changes from row to row indicating status changes of flight info. I can display changing numerical data, but not changing textual data.
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Currently this doesn't seem to be possible. It is the one features that I also find is lacking in Racerender, and if it was available would make this application useful for so many more things than just Racing videos.
    I'm currently using it to generate video for Railway Track inspections. This is mostly working OK, and for one bit of changing text I needed to display the code name of the particular line we were on. There are only about 20 possible code names, so I have been able to convert these into a numeric code, and pass that to the foreground script of a Enhanced Display obrect. I then have a large if/else statement that converts it to text. e.g if 1 then display "MSL" else if 2 then display "OHAI" etc.
    However I also want to display the name of the cross road as we pass over every level crossing. This I'm struggling to do as there are over 600 different road names, so not really possible with a if/else. I though of passing a large string made up of Ascii codes, and then converting these back to characters, but again seem to be lacking a CHAR() function. The only other option I can think of is again a large if/else statement for each possible ascii character I need to use. However this is going to make processing the videos incredibly slow due to the need to process this if/else statement for every frame.

PLEASE HPTuners give us the ability to process TEXT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldStorm View Post
    Currently this doesn't seem to be possible. It is the one features that I also find is lacking in Racerender, and if it was available would make this application useful for so many more things than just Racing videos.
    I'm currently using it to generate video for Railway Track inspections. This is mostly working OK, and for one bit of changing text I needed to display the code name of the particular line we were on. There are only about 20 possible code names, so I have been able to convert these into a numeric code, and pass that to the foreground script of a Enhanced Display obrect. I then have a large if/else statement that converts it to text. e.g if 1 then display "MSL" else if 2 then display "OHAI" etc.
    However I also want to display the name of the cross road as we pass over every level crossing. This I'm struggling to do as there are over 600 different road names, so not really possible with a if/else. I though of passing a large string made up of Ascii codes, and then converting these back to characters, but again seem to be lacking a CHAR() function. The only other option I can think of is again a large if/else statement for each possible ascii character I need to use. However this is going to make processing the videos incredibly slow due to the need to process this if/else statement for every frame.

PLEASE HPTuners give us the ability to process TEXT.
    Thanks for the reply.