Thread: Any way to create a filter from these channels?

Tuner in Training

Any way to create a filter from these channels?

I've searched and read through the stickies and still didn't find an answer. I apologize if I overlooked it.

Please see my screenshot. I've highlighted a few channels that I'd love to build filters from but, can't figure out how. Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

channels.png

COT should have been highlighted as well
    Last edited by g26er; 08-18-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Little bump... is this not able to be done?

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Not even someone to just confirm, it can't be done and there's no tricks to making it work? All the HPTuner employees on here and can't throw me a bone?

Guess I'll just submit a ticket in a couple days if nothing by then.

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    Not even someone to just confirm, it can't be done and there's no tricks to making it work? All the HPTuner employees on here and can't throw me a bone?

Guess I'll just submit a ticket in a couple days if nothing by then.
    Never thought about using them. I quess you might be able to use the 2 state status parameters as they are either true or false, but the multiple status mode types like the Fuel System one wouldn't. I'll play with them later when I have some time...

You can use Fuel Trim Cell to define say decel vs normal, and for closed loop/open loop, you can use commanded lambda/AFR....

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 08-27-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Never thought about using them. I quess you might be able to use the 2 state status parameters as they are either true or false, but the multiple status mode types like the Fuel System one wouldn't. I'll play with them later when I have some time...

You can use Fuel Trim Cell to define say decel vs normal, and for closed loop/open loop, you can use commanded lambda/AFR....

Ed M
    Thanks Ed! Wasn't sure about that multiple status either but, figured the boolean parameters should have a way. I've tried 1/0, true/false, Yes/No (with and w/out quotes) and On/Off (also with and w/out quotes).

I may have to create a ticket anyways as it may be related. In a different logging session where cam position was being logged, I was unable to filter cam position > x and cam position < y. For example, I was creating a filter to only show data where the cam position (GenV LT1) is ~5 with the following: [2151.161]>2.5 AND [2151.161]<7.5. I even tried [2151.161]=5 and nothing changed. Seems like filtering is not working correctly for some of the parameters. It may or may not be related to my initial inquiry.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    Thanks Ed! Wasn't sure about that multiple status either but, figured the boolean parameters should have a way. I've tried 1/0, true/false, Yes/No (with and w/out quotes) and On/Off (also with and w/out quotes).

I may have to create a ticket anyways as it may be related. In a different logging session where cam position was being logged, I was unable to filter cam position > x and cam position < y. For example, I was creating a filter to only show data where the cam position (GenV LT1) is ~5 with the following: [2151.161]>2.5 AND [2151.161]<7.5. I even tried [2151.161]=5 and nothing changed. Seems like filtering is not working correctly for some of the parameters. It may or may not be related to my initial inquiry.

Thanks again.
    Did you add parentesis around the two to keep them as one expression?

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 08-27-2018 at 01:30 PM. Reason: corrected grammar
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Do you still need the parenthesis even if those are the only two filters? I usually do group parameters when there are more being filtered. However, I still think something is wrong because I even did a single filter [2172.161]=5 and nothing was filtered out.

Also, the parameters I used in my previous post as an example should be 2172.161 and not 2151.161. It's a 2018 Camaro SS (LT1)... I'm logging 2172.161.