Thread: Scaling MAF on GM Gen 5 LT1

Advanced Tuner

Scaling MAF on GM Gen 5 LT1

Is there a how to or a MAF Scaling for dummies out there? Or is this something better left to those in the know of how to do it? Been trying to broaden my knowledge on the HPT suite and want to see what I can do with my 2016 GMC Sierra 6.2.

contact The Tuning School and inquire about the Gen5 course. I have it and its very good. Usually scaling is covered in the Advanced Book but I am not sure if it covers Gen5 or not. I would call and ask Bob

You going boosted?

From what I understand with my E92, the option is there already or at least the range is???

I asked about that about a week ago since im going forced.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    I went forced, but I also wanted to know just in general.

A goal is in the next 2 years to take the Tuning School class since I will have more vacation time than I can take in the year, so I might as well burn some and do something fun with it.

You will be fine on boost with current Maf Hz

Advanced Tuner
    So re-scaling is a thing of the past due to the newer MAF having more resolution than the previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyws6 View Post
    So re-scaling is a thing of the past due to the newer MAF having more resolution than the previous years?
    He's saying there's probably enough room left on the current HZ scale. Log your HZ see where it tops out stock. For example the earlier years may have reached max airflow around around 8800hz like my stock LS3 did and my 2016 5.3 does. Earlier ECU's had a limit around 12,000hz or so, if you boosted it you should still fit on that scale but you could max it out.

Newer ECU's go to 15,000hz by default so no need to rescale unless you really get crazy with airflow.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-10-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires