Thread: Advice on tune

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Advice on tune

SD 93 octane tune I made myself, let me know what corrections I may need. I'm new at this..

02 Silverado 228k mile 4.8L/4L60E
    Hot air intake
    High flow cats
    3in dynomax exhaust
    Pcv deleted

02 4.8L 3.hpt

This is a SPEED DENSITY tune. Your MAF is disabled. What is a HOT AIR intake? VE table could use a little smoothing. Look at the 3D Graph of the table.. Stock cam? I ask because the RAF appears to be stock. Your PE is set to 100% TPS enable on the HOT settings.. So, you want NO Enrichment until you are at 100% TPS??? Your commanded AFR under PE is 12.8 all the way across the board. Your IDLE spark advances should match your HIGH OCTANE & LOW OCTANE tables for the first few columns..

Where's the log! We need the log!

The hot TPS doesn't really matter, that is not used until the ECT temp is over 285 degrees. It's always using the cold settings.

12.8 is kinda lean, likely makes more torque at 12.3-12.5 in a truck.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    All my STFT are between -4 and +1 with most at 0. No knock retard on this tuning after touching up the low octane table accordingly since I?m in SD. Should my idle spark match the low table or high? I couldn?t post the log because I?m on my phone. What?s the best tps % setting for PE on a daily driver? I don?t have a wideband yet so I?m not WOT tuning either. I?m still learning but it hasn?t blown up yet and it?s been a daily for months so I feel good about it lol