Thread: Where is OLFA table? Does it have a different name in Version 4?

Where is OLFA table? Does it have a different name in Version 4?

Can someone tell me where the "Open Loop F/A vs. Coolant Temp vs. MAP" table is in VCM editor V. 4.0.12. I've search all through the editor, and in the forums. I have the 2 Bar OS upgrade if it matters.

Car details: 2006 GTO M6, D1SC Procharger, Speed density only

Thanks!

Off memory it's in the fuel > o2 sensors tab or one of those.

You'll likely over looking it or not in advanced view.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for your reply. I'm in advanced view. I looked through the tables under the fuel > o2 sensors and I don't see it. I'm stuck right now but I'll keep working on it.

Use the navigator in the edit menu if you have too.

You must be over looking it. It's hard to miss, it should be in the upper left corner when you find it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I'm guessing I don't have the name of the table exactly right. Here are a couple photos. One is the Fuel>O2 page, the other is Fuel>Open Loop / Base. Can you tell me which choice is OLFA?

Fuel O2 - Edited.jpg
    Fuel Open Loop-Base - Edited.jpg

The second pic is the open loop tables....they basically multiply up to arrive at the final OL commdanded AFR. They are made up of various tables referenceing Intake valve temp, engine temp, MAP, injetor tip temp etc. The E40 is a bit weird as the main Gas tables are 10.0 and subsequent tables are .1XXX to get it back to 1.XXX.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Ed, thanks for your reply. Ok, so it sounds like with the E40 PCM in my GTO that I don't have a typical "Open Loop F/A vs. Coolant Temp vs. MAP" table. I probably should have started with this in my first post but I was hoping there was a simple answer to my original question, Where is the OFLA table? Here's what I am trying to do, I'm trying to adjust my VE table for a new cam and intake manifold. The car is already SD only with no MAF. I'm using the tuning guide from foff667 that can be found in HPtuners Help. I turned off the ST and LT fuel trims, disabled DFCO, CFCO, and COT. I have a new AEM X series WB that I believe is working correctly and I have the Lambda EQ Error table set up an working in the HPT Scanner.

I took the car out and logged a few smooth, easy drives. The problem is my Idle and low speed Lambda values are very Lean, so I believe I need to correct that before I can really work on the VE table. Since I don't have an OFLA table, what tables do I use to set my idle airflow? Can I use the Idle>Airflow>Base Running Airflow>ECT Mult? It has ECT and a multiplier. See photo. Right now all my table values under Fuel> Open loop/Base are set to 1.000.

BTW, My car was tuned by a professional tuner a few years ago and ran great. This year I replaced the unknown cam with a mild BTR cam and I replaced the Aluminum Professional Products Intake with a stock LS2 intake manifold.

Idle Airflow vs ECT - Edited.jpg

First thing I recommend for E40 users is to apply the TCS PATCH under the OS icon. Set to Applied and do a Write Entire. This will shut off the pesky Service Traction Control light when going into speed density that many of these platforms exhibit.

Not sure of the contents of that tutorial but assuming the following...you are in speed density (DTC p0101-103 set to "Mil on Frst Error" and Maf Freq fail high/lo =0)...also set the High/Low Count Threshold to 1"s to help enter SD as quicklyt as possible.. To verify in speed density check DTC P0103 is set (may have 0101 and 0102 as well) with SES lit. Depending on the size of the cam, in Engine>Idle>Effective Area, set the Max Fail to like 800...this will gureentee the PCM doesn't limit the blade opening when the MAF, MAP or TPS fails which in this case we have failed the MAF on purpose.

The open loop tables discussed, will set the commanded Lambda/AFR when in Open Loop...obviously and you can use them to push the Lambda/AFR around during initial start and warmup (OEM settings are too rich for larger cams). Once the Intake Valve and ECT have reached their normal operating temp you will see the commanded Lambda/AFR is now stoich or 1.0/14.??. Once at this point, the VE will be used to fuel the idle and you should make your adjustments there. That is why we say get the car to operating temp and tune both the VE and MAF to and slightly below the idle rpm then move on to idle tuning and finally startup tuning.

To set the OL tables (there are several which is different from the earlier Gen III's) when tuning, use the following temp criteria of IVT >161 and ECT>176 and set all cells at and above these values to either .1 or 1.0 depending on the OEM convention. Remember the main GAS OLT is actually set to 10, so the IVT table is set to .XXX to bring it back to 1.X

Also, just went through my night emails...thank you for the order.....your link has been processed and sent....let us know if you have any questions or issues on the download....

Hope this helps...

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 09-03-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]