Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost cam idle great, but takes too long to return to idle after large throttle input

Ghost cam idle great, but takes too long to return to idle after large throttle input

Finished a ghost cam tune on a 55 f100 truck which took alot of dialing in to get it to drive right. It has no VSS and it a MT82 trans. I ended up turning off Torque Model Switch because the timing kept lowering to like 5 degrees and it would idle way down low. Now I can just tune the idle timing by using timing in the low load and rpm areas of MP0 MP1 and MP2. Either way its driving great except for the fact of after you make a large throttle rev or hammer on it then push in the clutch, it takes a long time to return to idle from like 5-6000 rpm. The customer wants it to drop quicker instead of hanging... I can't figure out how to get it to drop lower. Here is the tune and also a video of the truck.

best driving one on the truck tweaked decel torque.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a datalog?

Advanced Tuner
    I have a more efficient way of getting all of VCT set up for a ghost cam. Keep the power, mpg and ghost cam. I'll have to upload an idle video.

With out a datalog it's hard to tell because I can't tell the sources and modes it's in.

I'd enable the torque module.
    Zero the neutral multiplier, neutral clip, idle dashpot multiplier.

Change Idle Dashpot Pre-position

lb/min Multiplier
    600 0.648999989032745
    700 0.424578934907913
    1000 0.204999998211861
    1800 0.158999994397163
    2700 0.142684206366539
    3500 0.135000005364418
    4500 0.12899999320507
    6250 0.12899999320507
    rpm

Idle Dashpot Min
    lb/min Airflow
    0 0
    250 0.150000005960464
    1000 0.449000000953674
    2400 1.10000002384186
    5000 2.40000009536743
    rpm

Enable RPM Error 50
    Disable RPM Error 300

Zero out Idle RPM Error in spark advance section.

There are a lot of suspects. You changed your bottom row in the torque decel to 16,000. I changed the same row to 360.

I changed that bottom row to 16000 trying to get idle to drop but maybe I went the wrong way. Still learning all this ghost cam junk lol. And hptuners in general. I have a datalog with the problem happening but it's a really long log and I can't figure out how to just save that portion like with other software

When you say zero idle dashpot multiplier I don't see that one tab to set to zero

gumby truck 2.hpl

here is a data log. at the end of it you can see the 2 throttle revs where it returns to idle slowly

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by konabluekiller View Post
    I changed that bottom row to 16000 trying to get idle to drop but maybe I went the wrong way. Still learning all this ghost cam junk lol. And hptuners in general. I have a datalog with the problem happening but it's a really long log and I can't figure out how to just save that portion like with other software
    Saving a shorter version is the easiest thing ever: ZOOM until you have the area isolated that you want to save. Click Log file->Export Log File->Tick HP Tuners (.hpl), Tick Visible Range, untick Interpolate if you want. Save new file. Done!

Advanced Tuner
    The following may work, and may not, you have completely remodeled the calibration where one table is preventing another table from working properly.

Tipout Spark Decel 44605- In your 1500 RPM and 3500 RPM columns, change the 18* cells to 12*. You may have to change the column titles to include your target idle speed so you can change the values to advance spark from 12* to 18* for idle.

You have Throttle Angle Min set to 3 degrees. Torque control using ETC becomes impossible when it needs less than 3 degrees. As the truck is decelerating, the throttle angle decreases at a slow rate because it's controlling torque. When your Throttle Angle starts getting closer to 3*, your spark is forced to control idle and you're put in Optimal Stability advancing spark to 52*, try lowering your Throttle Angle Min.
    Disable Pressure/Density scale 2046.
    In your Spark Torque Ratio table, you have DFSO, Target N and Idle Speed Control all set to 1. Change DFSO to .6 and Target N to 0 to help control the deceleration.

Changing your mapped points IVO and EVC to the same angles will cause a lot of unnecessary blending. These changes would clear that up and make things more adjustable and easier to troubleshoot, easier to control. These changes can be done separate if you wanted.
    0 your VCT Emission Reduction 38222.
    0 your Optimal Stability 38224.
    Disable mapped points 7 through 11 in Mapped Points Config 38155.
    Disable mapped point 7 and 10 in Snap To Allowed 38152.
    distance1.JPG
    That will keep the ghost cam in one mapped point and very minimal blending while driving.
    onemappedpoint.JPG

Tuner in Training

mustang 5.0

hey bro

Thatwhite5.0

I am tried to send you msg with attachment but can't dunno why, bro my i need help from you to check if the file i am tuned is suitable for my 5.0 2012 stock mustang only catalyst deleted but i want to be sure that is tuning suitable for my car , the fuel 95 octane and some times i mixed it with boostane 113 octane.already i take some basic courses but still i need to make more practice after 5 days i will receive my AFR gauge .

*** mustang gtcs 2012 final stock ( this one is the stock file )
    ***mustang gtcs 2012 hp tuned ( this is the tuned file )

Thank you in advance bro .
    my email [email protected]

mustang gtcs 2012 final stock.hptmustang gtcs 2012 hp tuned.hpt

Thank you very much. I am going to try both tweaks you said in both posts following all pictures and instructions. Its just weird because on my coyote swapped rx7 thats turbo and E85, i got it to idle very well with just a few revisions. I tried using alot of that stuff on this truck and nothing worked the same. I was suspecting that maybe it was because it was tuned with a boss 302 intake and now its got a stock intake back on it. What do i need to change since it has a stock intake back on it? Like I said I am still new to this and trying to learn to the best of my abilities. Nobody around me uses HPtuners to tune these engines so its all me reading or learning from here or the Coyote Cookbook.

Never mind on the boss manifold part. It has the correct number in the manifold volume tab...

this was the ghost cam on the turbo rx7 before i made it a little more smooth driving

after all the tweaks you mentioned it stays in mp0 now but idle is super low and wont idle up any. heres a logidling way too low.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by konabluekiller View Post
    after all the tweaks you mentioned it stays in mp0 now but idle is super low and wont idle up any. heres a logidling way too low.hpl

Look at Spark Advance on your datalog. It's fluctuating between 0 and 12 degrees. You're going to want to adjust your Spark Torque Ratio or Spark Only ratio 33458 an 44776. Idle control and Target N. Change those two and see what starts smoothing your spark.

Cold z3ro, I'm about to download your file.

also... still has the hanging idle

Here is my tune again, but with a better log showing the idle hang due to throttle body closing slowly. It doesn't do it with the smooth idle base tune. It seems with torque based decel enabled (to make it lope) its making the throttle body hang open with a high rev to 5k or more.. Everything else actually drives good

my tune with idle hang. throttle closing slowly.hpl

Tuner in Training
    thanks bro today i received my AFR ( AEM gauge ) .

Everything else is fine with me how it drives. I just need to figure out how to get it to close the throttle body when I lift off the pedal just like how the other tune does... What's weird is my rx7 did not have this issue

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by C0LD ZER0 View Post
    hey bro

Thatwhite5.0

I am tried to send you msg with attachment but can't dunno why, bro my i need help from you to check if the file i am tuned is suitable for my 5.0 2012 stock mustang only catalyst deleted but i want to be sure that is tuning suitable for my car , the fuel 95 octane and some times i mixed it with boostane 113 octane.already i take some basic courses but still i need to make more practice after 5 days i will receive my AFR gauge .

*** mustang gtcs 2012 final stock ( this one is the stock file )
    ***mustang gtcs 2012 hp tuned ( this is the tuned file )

Thank you in advance bro .
    my email [email protected]

mustang gtcs 2012 final stock.hptmustang gtcs 2012 hp tuned.hpt
    This is an example of how your optimum power table should look to target 32 degrees..

hightiming.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Kona, did you change the throttle body min?