Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPM dip/die coming to a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by apd855 View Post
    One more strange issue I have. In the editor, when I set the transmission type to manual and PRND to none and write the tune to the car, it will only rev to about 1500 rpms. There seems to be some type of limiter or fuel/spark cut off. Anyone else experienced this?.
    Zero out the traction control
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Tuner in Training
    Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

If there’s a problem To have been had....I’m a problem magnet. Lol

I bet you would have kept scratching your head! Had that happen to me lol.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Tuner in Training
    Tried a few more things this evening. As a test I made the 0 column -4 degrees and the 600 4 degrees in my spark table. I still get the dip but it recovers super fast, where as before it was a little lazy. I know its going to be some obscure setting somewhere. The snow is flying here, so Ill have all winter to read.

Tried a few more things this evening. As a test I made the 0 column -4 degrees and the 600 4 degrees in my spark table. I still get the dip but it recovers super fast, where as before it was a little lazy. I know its going to be some obscure setting somewhere. The snow is flying here, so Ill have all winter to read.

Put all the timing tables back to stock. Add 3-5 degrees to the whole table for each one. Just try it. I’ve been through this. Trust me.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

I just looked at your tune file. Fix your oversoeed and under speed spark tables. In the user speed to ramp up and then back down. You just need it to ramp up. Tone both down a little.

In your neutral spark table you have 45 degrees at 0 rpm (you think the engine would ever want 45 degrees of timing that low?)
    400rpm you have 35 (same question)

Then at 800 you have 26. You need to chop that down some too and let the adaptive spark do its job.

Are you running boost? Either way your timing is too low above .64 airmass

Raise your throttle cracker enable speed to 9mph and disable at 7mph. Zero out the whole table. Yes, zero it out. It will cause you more issues than it?s worth. The rolling idle table works better.

Rolling idle. Enable at 2mph. Disable at 1mph. Raise the rpm per speed also. You need to add some in the airflow adder table for rolling idle too.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Tuner in Training
    Ok. Did as you said. I haven't gone for a drive yet, but the dip is still there. This is happening parked in neutral, bliping the throttle. Maybe a clue, but as the dip is happening, I noticed that as the timing is dropping and gets to 20.5 it stops and stays there until the engine recovers to my commanded idle. When back at idle the timing starts bouncing around like it does when idling.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by apd855; 10-12-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Ok. Did as you said. I haven't gone for a drive yet, but the dip is still there. This is happening parked in neutral, bliping the throttle. Maybe a clue, but as the dip is happening, I noticed that as the timing is dropping and gets to 20.5 it stops and stays there until the engine recovers to my commanded idle. When back at idle the timing starts bouncing around like it does when idling.
    I’m having some issues myself. I had to change my throttle body so things are acting different. I had a low speed rolling idle surge. What did I do to fix it?

Well first off I raising the mph in the spark table to like 15. That helped.
    I added some delay in the in gear throttle follower.
    Throttle cracker table is zerod out.
    All of that helped. But then I took my own advice. I put the stock in gear timing table back in. Then I added a few degrees in. Voila. It’s pretty much gone. I’ve got one little anomaly that I think I know what it is. My ve table jumps in fueling a little much in one area.
    Last edited by KFXGUY; 10-12-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Tuner in Training
    Well first off I raising the mph in the spark table to like 15??? Which table are you doing that in?

Well first off I raising the mph in the spark table to like 15??? Which table are you doing that in?
    Go to spark
    Advance
    Base

Max speed = 15mph
    Min tps 1.5%
    Tps hyst .5%
    Speed hyst 1.0mph
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

Tuner in Training
    Things are getting better. I pretty much started over, stock tune, logging and pasting. Something for the newbies out there, like myself. I use three

different identical tunes for my VE, MAF, and Idle Air. I copy from those tunes and paste into a final tune. Just remember to put your logged info

across all tunes. The info from my VE hist. goes into all three of the tunes. This has bit me in the past by not doing this. You end up with 3

different tunes trying to get one tune dialed in. This is the way I do it, so as not to forget to turn something back on or off after logging. Hopefully

this advice will save someone some headache.

Tuner in Training
    Have a question. I've been comparing my VE table to ones in other tunes, and mine is considerably leaner. Would having injectors with more flow than programmed cause this? I put Denso 25326903 flex fuel injectors. According to this site they flow 36 lbs/hr at 43.5 psi. https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/12580426-25326903-flex/ I have 35.4 in my tune. I could find no hard info on the flow rate of these injectors. Used an L59 tune for the injector info. Just wondering if this is causing my VE table to be lean. The table ended up this way by logging STFT. My wideband jives with the VE.

My tune is the L33

L59 Tune.hpt

L33 Test Tune.hpt
    Last edited by apd855; 10-15-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    You can't compare ve tables like that. You would have to guarantee the error of the installed injector data is minimized before you could compare as such. If your table is smooth and runs good then your good. If it looks like your looking at a psychiatric image while on crack then you need help.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 10-16-2018 at 02:24 AM.

i have the same cam in a 5.3. imo you're gonna need about 16 degress of timing put it in your idle and drive spark tables. smooth the transitions. you'll probably want more base running air flow in your drive side than your p/n side. i think you're spark is to high and it isn't allowing it to correct, and may need a little more base running airflow.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

heres my tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

i have the same cam in a 5.3. imo you're gonna need about 16 degress of timing put it in your idle and drive spark tables. smooth the transitions. you'll probably want more base running air flow in your drive side than your p/n side. i think you're spark is to high and it isn't allowing it to correct, and may need a little more base running airflow.

Have a question. I've been comparing my VE table to ones in other tunes, and mine is considerably leaner. Would having injectors with more flow than programmed cause this? I put Denso 25326903 flex fuel injectors. According to this site they flow 36 lbs/hr at 43.5 psi. https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/12580426-25326903-flex/ I have 35.4 in my tune. I could find no hard info on the flow rate of these injectors. Used an L59 tune for the injector info. Just wondering if this is causing my VE table to be lean. The table ended up this way by logging STFT. My wideband jives with the VE.

My tune is the L33

L59 Tune.hpt

L33 Test Tune.hpt

i never worry about looking at anyone elses ve table. its most certainly going to be different.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam

ok did you put in the offset vs vac vs volts data for your injectos and adjust min pulswidth and correct info for pulse width adder when you changed your injectors. Many people think just change the flow rate vs kpa and dont change the other values to correcct ones and end up in your situation with a ve table that doesnt read right and funky calculations