Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76

Thread: HP Tuners Pro Feature Set Update

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Lack of a 5v reference point is a bummer.
    There is a 5V reference and 2 grounds.
    Chris just forgot to mention the 5V reference
    If its not broke, just give it time.

  2. #22
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8
    I know it's free....asking if you need to upgrade to pro feature to use the pro link or will the link work for a wide band without buying the pro package

  3. #23
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,208
    Quote Originally Posted by lsxmalibu View Post
    I know it's free....asking if you need to upgrade to pro feature to use the pro link or will the link work for a wide band without buying the pro package
    No it will not work without buying pro
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  4. #24
    Senior Tuner DSteck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    There is a 5V reference and 2 grounds.
    Chris just forgot to mention the 5V reference
    Too much Fosters.

    DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

  5. #25
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    when is standalone flashing and datalogging available?

  6. #26
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Will the CAN input be able work with a CAN wideband on non can vehicles?

  7. #27
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    when is standalone flashing and datalogging available?
    I believe standalone datalogging will come before standalone flashing, I don't think we currently have an eta on either though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  8. #28
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    Expander Hub requires the Pro Feature set as well.

    When you compare to our previous MPVI Standard interface $499, the MPVI2 is $299. The MPVI Pro was $649 compared to MPVI2 + Pro Feature Set $299 + $249 + Pro Link (free). Your comment makes no sense.

    Considering just about every single manufacturer uses WBO2 sensors in their vehicles (with notable exception of GM) our thought was the primary need for the analog inputs is reduced, hence we made it optional.

    If you upgrade from MPVI Pro interface to MPVI2, you get all this included at no extra cost to the $189 upgrade fee! What more do you want?
    It seems you aren't getting it. I am not talking about base price but I am talking about the "Pro feature set" is just okaying the use of things you cannot use unless you buy more products from you i.e. the expander hub. The MPVI 1 gave you everything you could do with the purchase of the pro version, you didn't have to buy more attachments to be able to use the pro features. With this you separated the Pro version into 3 things 1) the permission to use pro features 2)the pro link with is given for free 3) the expander hub which you have to wait and pay for at a later date to be able to use all of the pro features. Maybe I am confused about this because I haven't gotten my hands on it because I was waiting on the pro version but by the way I am understanding you only get analog function with the pro link and every other feature available with the expander hub. So let me ask to be sure, you get blutooth functions standard, the standalone flashing and logging will be available without the purchase of any other device and still paying for a incomplete feature.

    So because all these other people from the factory have their own WBO2 sensors you say the heck with aftermarket WBO2 smh... why not just make it standard instead of a optional pro feature if it isn't needed much.... because you know there is a need and you can get something out of it (a business move I understand). I am not trying to get in a pissing contest just pointing out how what you said doesn't make sense when you have people paying for pro features they don't need over the others available. Couldn't you just set a price for the individual features if you go by that logic and use the pro feature set as a discounted price for them all or even bundles for 2 or more?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Clttzr View Post
    It seems you aren't getting it. I am not talking about base price but I am talking about the "Pro feature set" is just okaying the use of things you cannot use unless you buy more products from you i.e. the expander hub. The MPVI 1 gave you everything you could do with the purchase of the pro version, you didn't have to buy more attachments to be able to use the pro features. With this you separated the Pro version into 3 things 1) the permission to use pro features 2)the pro link with is given for free 3) the expander hub which you have to wait and pay for at a later date to be able to use all of the pro features. Maybe I am confused about this because I haven't gotten my hands on it because I was waiting on the pro version but by the way I am understanding you only get analog function with the pro link and every other feature available with the expander hub. So let me ask to be sure, you get blutooth functions standard, the standalone flashing and logging will be available without the purchase of any other device and still paying for a incomplete feature.

    So because all these other people from the factory have their own WBO2 sensors you say the heck with aftermarket WBO2 smh... why not just make it standard instead of a optional pro feature if it isn't needed much.... because you know there is a need and you can get something out of it (a business move I understand). I am not trying to get in a pissing contest just pointing out how what you said doesn't make sense when you have people paying for pro features they don't need over the others available. Couldn't you just set a price for the individual features if you go by that logic and use the pro feature set as a discounted price for them all or even bundles for 2 or more?
    What you are saying is incorrect.

    The MPVI1 Pro was $649 and included the EIO inputs in the device. The MPVI2 is $299 and adding the Pro Feature Set for $249 makes the total price $548 (that's $100 LOWER than before). The Expander Hub does much more than the Pro Link and is targeted at track day guys who want extra inputs, outputs or other stuff such as used in racecars, we expect it will cost < $150.

    We could of made the MPVI2 $549 and include the Pro Feature set sure, but a lot of people never want those features. We also didn't make 5 different options for buying this and that feature because it is too confusing. Either way, the MPVI2 is more flexible AND cheaper.

    For historical perspective, we haven't increase our base unit prices since the day we started the company almost 15 years ago.
    I count sheep in hex...

  10. #30
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    Chris the MPVI1 comes with 8 credits! If you convert it to MPVI2 its 400,-USD what you add to the price of the MVPI2!

  11. #31
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I believe standalone datalogging will come before standalone flashing, I don't think we currently have an eta on either though.
    what config do I need to buy to get the standalone features?
    thats the most interesting part for me.

  12. #32
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    what config do I need to buy to get the standalone features?
    thats the most interesting part for me.
    You'll need to buy the pro feature set.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  13. #33
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    Chris the MPVI1 comes with 8 credits! If you convert it to MPVI2 its 400,-USD what you add to the price of the MVPI2!
    And you wouldn't believe the amount of people that would contact us asking if we could just sell them a low cost option ie something for around $400 that would come with just 2 credits so we did it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    Chris the MPVI1 comes with 8 credits! If you convert it to MPVI2 its 400,-USD what you add to the price of the MVPI2!
    You are of course correct! However, i didn't want to make the discussion more complicated as even the basic idea was being confused. As Bill mentioned, we always viewed these credits as "free" since many single users only ever used 2 (and many did complain they paid for 6 they never used!) and shops didn't really care if it came with 8 or 0 since it was irrelevant in the big picture. So we took this feedback, made the MPVI2 with Pro Feature price the equivalent of MPVI1 Pro with 2 credits. We never planned for the Pro Link to be free, but decided it that way as a gesture of good will to our loyal customers because of the unfortunate production delay. We are working as fast as we can to bring the other pro features to market as well, standalone datalogging across all vehicles (not just GM) and standalone flashing we think will be very useful.
    I count sheep in hex...

  15. #35
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    And you wouldn't believe the amount of people that would contact us asking if we could just sell them a low cost option ie something for around $400 that would come with just 2 credits so we did it.
    yes, I believe it
    it was just for compare. 8 credits are actual 400,-USD

  16. #36
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    You are of course correct! However, i didn't want to make the discussion more complicated as even the basic idea was being confused. As Bill mentioned, we always viewed these credits as "free" since many single users only ever used 2 (and many did complain they paid for 6 they never used!) and shops didn't really care if it came with 8 or 0 since it was irrelevant in the big picture. So we took this feedback, made the MPVI2 with Pro Feature price the equivalent of MPVI1 Pro with 2 credits. We never planned for the Pro Link to be free, but decided it that way as a gesture of good will to our loyal customers because of the unfortunate production delay. We are working as fast as we can to bring the other pro features to market as well, standalone datalogging across all vehicles (not just GM) and standalone flashing we think will be very useful.
    I'm a little unhappy now that HPT sell the universal credits al the time for the same price. in the past I bought credits in 100 steps. thats was good for me and also save a lot of money.

  17. #37
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I'm a little unhappy now that HPT sell the universal credits al the time for the same price. in the past I bought credits in 100 steps. thats was good for me and also save a lot of money.
    When you upgrade to MPVI2 all of your gm, ford, dodge credits get converted to universal credits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  18. #38
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    When you upgrade to MPVI2 all of your gm, ford, dodge credits get converted to universal credits.
    I know Bill
    but that solves not the price raising for credits.
    example:
    Newer cars need 4 credits ($200,-) for licensing. But it just license the file, for only the file it is expensive. Other Tuners, who use SCT pay (I think) $250-300 for the flasher. Its about the same price. But SCT can hold a) the stockfile, b) hold the tune and c) its easy to send the customer tune upgrades.
    I love the VCM Editor and Scanner very convenient to work with. What I miss, is a file hold/flash/log system similar like that.
    Sure, MPVI2 I can use. But customer need to load the VCM suite and can view my files. (no possibility to protect them).
    N-Gauge is a possibility, but logfiles from the N-Gauge are not good for the scanner. For Ecoboost, N.Gauge does not log the important parameters.
    I hope the standalone features can solve that better.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    I know Bill
    but that solves not the price raising for credits.
    example:
    Newer cars need 4 credits ($200,-) for licensing. But it just license the file, for only the file it is expensive. Other Tuners, who use SCT pay (I think) $250-300 for the flasher. Its about the same price. But SCT can hold a) the stockfile, b) hold the tune and c) its easy to send the customer tune upgrades.
    I love the VCM Editor and Scanner very convenient to work with. What I miss, is a file hold/flash/log system similar like that.
    Sure, MPVI2 I can use. But customer need to load the VCM suite and can view my files. (no possibility to protect them).
    N-Gauge is a possibility, but logfiles from the N-Gauge are not good for the scanner. For Ecoboost, N.Gauge does not log the important parameters.
    I hope the standalone features can solve that better.
    A solution is in the works.
    I count sheep in hex...

  20. #40
    Advanced Tuner Auto-Hentzschel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Schleid, Germany
    Posts
    304
    Look forward