Thread: Reduced Engine Power Mode

Potential Tuner

Reduced Engine Power Mode

I was driving yesterday and took the exit off of the freeway, and my mil came on and the truck went into reduced engine power mode. I tried taking off like normal, but the computer decided it wasn't going to give me enough power to let the clutch out all the way. It basically felt like I was hitting the Rev limiter at 2000 rpm. It took about 15 seconds to get through the intersection while the truck was hopping and diving. I got a lot of annoyed looks from other drivers. A few blocks later I was able to pulll over and clear the codes and it drove fine after that. I believe the mil was from a weak battery that caused p0606, but my main concern is making sure I am never in that situation again. It seems like it could easily lead to an accident if it happened at the wrong time.

What can I adjust to make sure reduced power mode isn't so reduced, in case it happens again for some other reason? I know there is table for minimum spark in reduced power mode, but it's not very clear what it does to the total advance. Are there any other settings that affect reduced power mode that I'm not finding?

Senior Tuner
    REP is a fail safe for a detected problem with the ETC. Protects from a run away throttle condition. There is a RP table in Engine>Airflow>Electronic throttle but it is one of those tables that if you enter a value that is not compatible can brick the ECM.