Thread: cornfused asf! ecm swap 2011 jeep wrangler

cornfused asf! ecm swap 2011 jeep wrangler

long story short, ecm decided to stop firing two cylinders. been through a lot of flow charts that say ecm is bad. i have an ecm from a 2011 liberty. same hardware, obviously different vin and seriel. what am i getting into to put the good ecm into this 11 wrangler? i have stock tune file from both. would disabling skim on the liberty ecm and flashing wrangler file work? idc about vin being correct if it doesnt HAVE to be . LOTS of googling to confuse me more, seems Moparking has the answers but doesnt publically share em, only PM. im trying to see if its worth me trying to do this so i can further modify and adjust things or just take to dodge and see if they will flash it.

both have same settings for skim selections

Tuner in Training
    We have a company in Oregon that we pay to come out and do it if we can't. Usually not to bad. Sucks everyone is so secretive. Wish I had a better answer.

What do they charge to do it? Round about don't need to be exact or info on company , just trying to make my mind up if it's worth even attempting. Not my jeep, it's a buddies so trying to help him save sum money. He bought the used ecm before he asked me about it so kinda stuck with it. We deal with the Dodge dealer alot so I'm sure they will flash a used ecm for me but haven't asked them yet about it.