Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VE Tuning Issue

Senior Tuner
    You can actually tune the maf and VVE at the same time with a nifty little filter string.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Does adjusting the VVE table actually make changes to the tune? If so, what parameters does it change? Fuel, airflow, timing, all of the above?

Senior Tuner
    it affects fueling, its basically the airflow model (volumetric efficiency) of your engine in 3D when setup right, if u didnt have a maf and were SD then it is your fueling but if u have maf then its blended with the maf flow when needed

So I have the original stock VVE map of the 07 suburban engine, the map of my original setup from a remote tuner and the one I manually modified to try and fit a more "optimized" look. I haven't tried it but will it actually try to run the map I created? I've attached screen shots of each.VVEstock07Suburban.pngVVEstock07Suburban.pngVVEafter tweaks.png

Senior Tuner
    it will run what ever u put in there, it should be adjusted with WB same as the maf for fueling to get it right

I see. So any idea why the factory tune is so jagged and jacked up? Everything I have read says the maps should look smooth?

Senior Tuner
    the vve converts to coefficients and they have to be calculated within there tables so they don't always equal a smooth 3D look

Advanced Tuner
    Area47

Can you share the filter string you are referring too? What mode are you in when you do this? Open or closed loop? What is your chart set up to base your changes off of? Any input would be great.
    Last edited by DGS; 12-22-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, my VVE table is set up RPM over MAP/BARO Ratio. My graph in scanner matches this exactly. Here they are in an earlier post.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?74361-Applying-Changes-to-VVE-Table

Last edited by DGS; 12-22-2018 at 08:24 AM.