Thread: DoD parameters

Tuner in Training

DoD parameters

I was wondering how soon DoD parameter editing will be available.

Mainly just looking for a way to disable it. The gas mileage is nice, but the constant bucking of it engaging is very annoying. The ECM has not been too friendly to my other somewhat crude attempts to disable it.

Thanks again for such a kick ass editor!!
    Michael

2007 Black Silverado 5.3
    TR220 112lsa, Pacesetter LTs, 44lb Injectors

Yeah, lookin at some new 'lanches, and id like to know if we can turn it off with our current releases of the editor. If not, will it be ready in the near future?

EDIT: As ive never been under the hood of a DoD beast, is it simply a sensor that can be unplugged? My theory origionally was that the answer is no, and that it runs off of the speedo, to determine that the speed has been constant for X amount of time. Anyone know how it calculates/decides when to engage?
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 08-23-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I don't know all the factors that decide whether it comes on or not... but it is more based on engine load. Cruising on the interstate when you peak the top of a hill and let off on the gas a little bit would be one situation. Pretty much any time you ease up on the gas without letting off completely it will come on.

To disable it the first thing I tried was disconnecting the wires going to the oil solenoids that actually activate V4 mode... however the computer kinda goes into sorta a default mode and cuts the fuel to those cylinders anyways... so its like shooting yourself in the foot.

The only easy way I have found to disable it is to disconnect the oil pressure sensor which is plugged into the manifold where the solenoids are housed. Without a valid oil pressure signal DoD is disabled. Of course then you are greeted with an oil pressure light in the dash and in the DIC all the time. Plus no way of know if you actually have oil pressure without an aftermarket gauge or something. However it drives soooo much smoother on the interstate with it disabled.

I would like to try adjusting the settings so maybe the transition to V4 mode won't be so harsh... or if that won't work then just disable it completely.

From the factory the TCC duty cycle is set so low that when the V4 mode comes on the engine rpms actually jump up for several seconds. I cranked up the TCC duty cycle to solve that... but now it just jerks really bad. Disabling torque management makes it even worse... almost like someone rear ends you.

DoD is not my friend
    Michael

2007 Black Silverado 5.3

Thanks Mike,

So does anyone have a timeframe of when we'll have this feature in the editor?

it's nearing the top of my list.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Awesome... thanks for the reply.
    Michael

2007 Black Silverado 5.3

Yes! Thanks Chris!

No more 4-8-4-8 surging for DoD people!

Potential Tuner
    It says on the web site that DoD disable is now available for "applicable vehicles", but I can't find the feature in the VCM suite for the Saab 9-7X 5.3i?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    would you mind posting your file?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Ok, here's the stock file.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    huh...they might not have added the enable/disable switch on your OS yet...you could always contact support in the meantime to see if they can disable it for you temporarily until the add it to your OS.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"