Thread: Help with loss of power..

Tuner in Training

Help with loss of power..

Hey guys. im still kinda new to the board so im not quite sure how to post files on here so ill start with whats goin on. I just installed a comp 222/224 @050 with a .566/.568 lift. i got a lunati valvetrain kit and replaced my vavle seals,dual honeycomb springs, and all the little stuff. The only thing i didnt replace was my valves, lifters, rockers and rods, which, rods will be somewhat soon since they have quite a bit of flex but im not hot rodding any time soon. I also repleaced my converter with a TCI 2400 Stall Converter So anyway, i did somewhat of a base tune on my base RPM and Airflow tunes and i got it to where it wont stall, now im having a problem in the 3000 rpm range. i know having a higher stall itll take a little more umph on the gas pedal but because of the tune not being quite right. so... any help on how to get the file or any ideas on where to go would be great.
    2003 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 1500 4x4
    222/224 @.050 .566/.568 Lift CompCams
    706 Heads ported and polished with Lunati valvetrain upgrade
    2400 TCI Stall Converter
    DNA Headers
    Gibson cat-back exhaust
    Stage 3 BullyDog cold air intake

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    your port and polished head along with that cam are going to require a Base Running Airflow (BRAF or RAF) adjustment. From there you will chase down fueling at the same time until both settle in.
    from here youll likely have to set your transmission shift settings up to perform in a way that is tailored for your new stall. Bluecat has a transmission tool that i use and it should take a lot of guess work out for a starting point. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Table-Software
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I noticed my tranny is off to. But I'm also getting quite a bit of push without being on the accellerator. And by fueling, do you mean my ltft/stft or base idle rpm? I wish I knew how to send what I have so you could see.. I know that would help us both a lot more.
    Last edited by WhYsOsErIoUs; 01-06-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    2400 TCI Stall Converter
    DNA Headers
    Gibson cat-back exhaust

In order to share files, click reply>go advanced>manage attachments>add files>browse and then double click the file name>upload.

Do that for each file and then click "Done" once you've uploaded all the files.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    pushing is usually an effect caused by throttle cracker and follower tables. its like an over request that needs to be dialed back.
    in some cases i shut them down and then come add back to them at the end of tuning to get desired coast effects.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    2003 Chevy Avalanche 1500 4x4 Base 5.3L V8.hpt5.3 Chevy Avalanche 1500 4x4 Scanner Log 1.hpl

thank you for the info. good to know!! now all of a sudden it doesnt want to start. it rand good for a few days.. i woke up and went to start it and it started but it said low oil pressure (which i had a bad sensor anyway..) so i shut it off, tried to restart it, and nothing. so when i got home i tried again, it sputtered and then didnt want to turn over after that. it just kept cranking. hopefully the files go through.
    2400 TCI Stall Converter
    DNA Headers
    Gibson cat-back exhaust