Thread: Meth tuning with a failsafe

Tuner in Training

Meth tuning with a failsafe

I'm somewhat new to tuning and was wondering if by setting the "cold iat spark" tables up to be a little more aggressive for temps I'd only see while meth is spraying is an option for more timing but where it wouldn't create any risk of detonation in case the meth system ran dry or didnt spray for whatever reason.

I know one problem is on a cold day IATs can dip into the range that meth would get it to but i wouldn't daily on this tune anyway, it would be a race day only tune. So is this possible? Would I be able to safely add say 4-5? of timing ONLY when water/meth is cooling the IAT down? If it's not even worth the risk then I won't bother

Running a stock block 5.7 with a maggie at 8.5-9psi, currently gonna run a small shot of water/meth without tuning for it to keep things cool and safe.

I would suggest using a 5 pin relay and running a setup similar to how guys pull timing for nitrous on stock ECU, where there is a resistor wired in line to artificially alter (advance in this case) the timing value and then if the failsafe triggers then it will return to the regular value.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne