Thread: 3.08 Gear in 6L80E - Tune or switch gears

Potential Tuner

3.08 Gear in 6L80E - Tune or switch gears

Hey guys,

Have a 2011 Sierra 5.3 4x4 with 6L80E. 3.08 gear.
    Really not loving the gear. Constantly have to mash the gas to get anywhere. Poor response when driving. Downshifts sometimes 2-gears on highway just to maintain speed limit. 34" tires are not helping as well.
    I am new to HP Tuners but currently going through the Tuning School online program. Need help, could tuning the transmission help alleviate my issues or would you just recommend a gear change?
    Tuning School online program does not really cover transmission settings, so if you think tweaking tranny settings would help please point me in the right direction.
    Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

You would be better served by re-gearing the vehicle. You *could* change all of the normal shift tables to a significantly higher MPH so that the trans will not upshift until you hit those speeds. But that will mean a droning engine that will sound like it needs to shift, but won't because of programming. That is just a work around though. Re-gear to 4:33's and be done with this current gear hunting problem. That will then leave you to focus on the other problems that you will be having.

Potential Tuner
    Other problems??? lol