Thread: 98 Blackbox PCM VE table question

98 Blackbox PCM VE table question

I realize the blackbox PCM isn't technically a "gen 3" PCM but the tuneable parameters and functions pretty much the same aside from a few short commings.

My question is in regard to the primary and secondary VE tables. On anything else ive tuned VE is represented as a percentage from 0.00 to 1.00 (or higher for boosted applications).
    The blackbox PCM reports its VE differently rather than being a percentage, it appears the VE tables (according to HP tuners) can range from 0 to 128.

One would assume that 128 is the equivalent of 1.00% VE but thats not the case as the most efficient part of the map around 3600 RPM is 22.60 and the least efficient down near idle is bout 6.30.

Question is, how to I convert these numbers and or make adjustments to them based on percentages?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Just think of it as an arbitrary value that can be scaled by percent. The value can change based on the calibration of sensors and control devices.

Use afr error reported in percent to make copy and paste changes by pasting to the ve table using "paste special mult % half". If your off by a lot you can use "% whole" but usually for someone that is close to minimal error, the % whole is a bit too sensitive and causes tail chasing.