Thread: Injector Tuning

Tuner in Training

Injector Tuning

I recently got dyno tuned and everything SEEMS okay (aside from a finnecky idle that im working on) ... BUT I just realized that I am running the stock TRUCK injector data in my tune but running stock LS1/LS6 injectors in my engine... I believe there is only a couple lb/hr difference but I was wondering if this is causing any problems behind the scenes and/or if I should even worry about it, and then of course what all is involved in changing the tune?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Depending on the year, the injectors could be very close lb/hr wise. If it runs and drives fine without issue then I wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you knowing its not correct, put in the right injector info in the tune, clean up the VE and MAF, and you should be good to go.

I have pulled many a tune over the years that had incorrect injector information that still ran fine. Of course there is an error that gets baked into the airflow model, but most would never know the difference. It's better to set it up correctly in the beginning.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Im fighting a stalling idle problem and just looking for any possibilities

Advanced Tuner
    You say you recently got dyno tuned.. as in you had someone tune it for you? If that's the case, get with the place that did and see if they can fix the issue. If you're looking to do this stuff yourself, then redo it.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning