Thread: Tightening up 2-3 shift, 6F50/6R80

Tuner in Training

Tightening up 2-3 shift, 6F50/6R80

Can anyone give some advice on tightening up the 2-3 shift at WOT on a 6F50, same stategy as the 6R80?

Part throttle is great, but at higher/WOT throttle it is a pretty slow shift.

Looks like the adaptive learning may have gotten caught up.
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 07-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Potential Tuner
    what is the shift pressure in the higher trqe area I am only familiar with the 6r80

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueford5 View Post
    what is the shift pressure in the higher trqe area I am only familiar with the 6r80
    W0Fyaui.png

You will have to lower the adaptive slip times, otherwise it will soften the shift over time

Your Explorer doesn't have much torque, so you can try to increase the shift pressure at WOT starting around 200 ft-lb. What you have would work fine with the Explorer Sport or any EcoBoost V6.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Your Explorer doesn't have much torque, so you can try to increase the shift pressure at WOT starting around 200 ft-lb. What you have would work fine with the Explorer Sport or any EcoBoost V6.
    After a bit of aggressive driving it actually "fixed" itself. I guess adaptive learned and made some adjustments on that side.

Any tips on a downshift issue from 6th? It wont downshift until I get pretty far into the throttle and then it goes to 4th. Would like it to go to 5th with a little less throttle input rather than the hard drop to 4th at a higher throttle position.

You will have to adjust the shift schedules. Ford did not program the sport mode schedules correctly on the Explorer and PIU.